IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
The IBM Security Team is looking for a Security Sales Specialist to focus on the Federal Market (Civilian Agencies).
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is currently hiring a Security Portfolio Software Sales Representative in the Federal Market to join a dedicated team selling cybersecurity solutions into the Civilian Federal agencies. US Government and Federal Systems Integrators.
• Generate opportunities for IBM Security through strong relationship building skills (i.e., networking, cold-calling, campaign follow up, virtual networking, etc.)
• Collaborate across the IBM Security teams and respective Client teams to identify, qualify and close new business sales opportunities for predefined accounts while always leading with a consultative sales approach.
• Own and manage the client relationship throughout the complete sales cycle.
• Actively lead customer issue resolution to ensure satisfaction and a sales success.
• Establish trusted relationships and leverage technical resources to influence the sales cycle.
• Prepare written responses to solicitations from clients (Tech Briefs, RFI, RFP, RFQ, OTA’s).
• Collaborate routinely with senior management within assigned agencies to portray IBM Security Portfolio’s expertise and assist the larger team to achieve all enterprise security strategy objectives.
• Exhibit acute attention to detail to continuously coordinate and deliver accurate and quality sales information.
• Track and forecast revenue sales information in line with company format and procedures.
IBMers in Brand Sales have deep brand expertise and an in-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape. Important to these roles is industry aptitude, the ability to integrate solution components into a client-valued solution, and the talent to successfully sell face to face as well as virtually. Sellers in these roles work together to ensure proper client coverage and mutual success.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 2+ years' experience selling Security Solutions (Ex: IDS/IPS, SIEM, Endpoint Management, Compliance, Application Security, Encryption, Identify/Access Management, Authentication, etc.)
· 3+ years’ experience of enterprise software sales into the Federal Government
· Proven knowledge and understanding on how to sell multi-product software & appliance/hardware solutions
· Knowledge of software certifications standards and Federal certification organizations including but not limited to NIST, FEDRAMP, NIAP/CC, etc.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
· Proven track record working with channel and technology partners to build strategic and cooperative sales campaigns together
· History of coordination within an internal set of multi-functional teams such as Sales Engineers, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Channel Management to ensure target quotas as achieved and exceeded
· Highly developed business development, negotiation skills and ability to influence contract content
· Security clearances are a plus