IBM believes in progress — that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. We strive to put the client first, share expertise, and restlessly reinvent to build innovative solutions for our customers. We embrace diversity and value what individuals add to our culture. Our global teams solution complex problems through teamwork, invention, and iteration to create original ideas that drive technology and society forward.
IBM has embarked on a major internal sales transformation program, partnering with Salesforce to rethink its sales processes for its sellers and its channel partners.
As a Salesforce Technical Architect, you will be integral to this transformation. You will develop exciting solutions that change the way IBMers, IBM clients, and IBM business partners work. You'll work in a collaborative, welcoming environment where new ideas drive technological transformation. We work in small, cross-functional teams with big goals, so you will need to be adaptive and adept at clear communication. We strive to produce scalable solutions, and you will need to be familiar with how complex platforms and integrations underpin business operations for a large enterprise.
As a Salesforce Technical Architect your responsibilities include;
· During Foundation phase, define Salesforce object relationships and custom fields required to support the business process
· Design real-time and batch integration with Salesforce and other systems using REST/SAP and Bulk APIs or ETL
· Identify appropriate Salesforce best practices and functionality to deliver a scalable opportunity and deal management solution for over 200K business partners
· Lead the development and implementation of a large Salesforce CRM/PRM implementation
· Develop solution design and technical architectures to meet the business requirements and fulfill user stories, and leading a team of resources through the build, test, and deployment phases
· Analyze business requirements and translate them into user stories and tasks
· In collaboration with the team, support UX/UI engineering tasks
· Identify risks and issues early and develop mitigation strategies
· Provide industry best practices as a trusted advisor to key business and technology stakeholders and identifying areas of product growth
· Develop solution presentations for both technical and non-technical audience
· Mentor and coach junior staff
Above all, we value curiosity, teamwork, and a desire to learn. We are confident that if you possess the right attitude, work ethic, and skill set that you could succeed in the role, even if you do not meet every one of the requirements.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
LONDON, CITY OF
Primary job category
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· Experience driving enterprise level Salesforce projects using agile software development methodologies
· Strong technical knowledge delivering a Salesforce implementation with Sales Cloud and Community Cloud
· Experience defining system architectures, identifying risks, and delivering a comprehensive solution that will enable achievement of the desired business outcomes
· Experience in building and deploying Salesforce applications using the Package Deployment Model
· Strong Salesforce to external systems integration (using APIs and IPaaS tools)
· Strong Salesforce skills in the areas of configuration, custom build using APEX and Lightning.
· Thorough understanding of authentication and authorization using Salesforce Identity
· People skills with the ability to lead and motivate others and interface with client
· Certified Salesforce Application Architect or Salesforce System Architect
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience with Design thinking methods to understand personas and develop great user design
· Demonstrated ability to operate within short release cycles
· Experience using modern collaboration tools in a highly responsive environment
· Experience of implementing the Partner Relationship Management community of sales cloud.
Secondary Job Category
Eligibility to work in the UK
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you, this might
mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern,
please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.