· Work effectively individually and with team members toward customer satisfaction and success
· Conduct technical process reviews, technical UAT's and work in partnership with the business consultants.
· Technical code achieves passing rating during regular review by Senior Developers.
· Provide instructions and guidelines for integrations and deployments
· Facilitate code sharing and control by regularly submitting code to concurrent version system repository.
· Ability to gather data migration requirements, define a data migration plan and perform complex data migrations requiring transformation using a database, and potentially containing very large data sets.
· Analyse data quality requirements, define data quality plan and execute.
· Maintain Salesforce.com certification requirements as Platform Developer I and II
· Takes a lead role on development initiatives and provides mentorship and direction to less experienced developers or consultants
· Salesforce Certified Technical Architect
· Effectively collaborates with project team and client resources to determine functional requirements
· Able to effectively facilitate Technical Process Review sessions
· Excellent understanding of object-oriented concepts and design patterns, as well as prior work with OO languages (Java, Ruby, C#, C++, etc)
· Experience with and knowledge of relational databases, including work with MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, or other common RDBMS.
· Prior experience working with an excellent understanding of the MVC (Model View Controller) design pattern
· Professional development experience with an MVC framework (examples: Ruby on Rails, Struts)
· Familiarity with the basic concepts of good UI design and ability to advise projects as to good UI design practices
· Professional experience in a test-driven and formal QA development environment, including development/staging/production (or similar) deployment cycles
· Knowledge of Agile development practices, particularly sprint planning and assessment
· Prior Salesforce and Force.com experience
· Preferably attained both Salesforce Platform Developer I and II levels of certification
· Seeks ongoing Opportunities for Professional Development Cultural:
· Self-motivated, able to work independently
· Able to interact effectively with customers, and stay focused on customer objectives
· Adaptable to changing requirements, changing schedules
· Ability and desire to participate in project planning and scoping, both in a project kickoff role as well as a pre-sales role
· Ability to manage commitments across multiple projects
· Ability to communicate project exceptions (e.g. slipping schedules) to project manager
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills Education:
· Requires a bachelor degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, and significant work experience consulting Please note: This role will include travel nationally and internationally around 50% of the time
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
LONDON, CITY OF
Primary job category
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As per job description.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
As per job description.
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Bluewolf is a global consulting agency that builds digital solutions designed to create results. Now.
We're the proven Salesforce strategic partner for a reason—our technology-driven method combines our team's years of experience with cloud solutions that continually connect our clients with their customers. We specialise in leading cloud technologies like Salesforce, but our clients come to Bluewolf for so much more than our technical expertise. We serve a community of future-focused industry leaders dedicated to building the next generation of digital experiences. The way we see it, when business is done in real time on the cutting edge, it's always now.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.