We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and technology are transforming industries, society, and even the workplace by creating professions that did not exist before the emergence of data, cloud, social, and mobile technologies.
As the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, IBM is a leader in this global transformation and is just the place to continue your career. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced, while new and creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join this IBM team and be part of a diverse and global company of thinkers and doers—people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals.
The Technical Support Delivery team is looking for an experienced Salesforce Developer to join our high-performing application development team. Our portfolio of applications spans electronic support, call/problem management, and entitlement systems. We operate and transform the capabilities for IBM worldwide technical support which is key to IBM's growth. The Salesforce Developer will be a key contributor on a dynamic squad within IBM Support that develops for external and internal clients on the IBM Salesforce system with the goal of ensuring our client's success.
· Develop Salesforce console solutions used by IBM clients for product and solution support
· Understand and work in an agile development environment with the ability to work on numerous stories and issues simultaneously.
· Problem solver and focal point during severity 1 and critical situations
· Teamwork with peers, other managers, and teams across IBM Interface with development teams while working in IBM Armonk
No remote opportunities exist
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
Auto req ID
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Ability to develop custom declarative and programmatic solutions to enhance service console channels such as Live Agent, Omni-Channel, Email-to-Case, Web-to-Case, and others
· Experience with the Setup UI to configure Service Console in Salesforce Classic
· Deep technical knowledge of Salesforce technologies to design and develop an enterprise wide web-based solution
· 3 – 5 years' experience using the Salesforce Service Console
· Experience in Service Console Implementations with good understanding of Knowledge and Case Management processes and how to automate those processes using process builder, workflow rules, visual flows, assignment rules, escalation rules, etc.
· Ability to write Apex classes that work with Force.com APIs
· Experience integrating Apex classes with external and SOAP and REST web services
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Salesforce.com Certified Platform Developer
· Salesforce.com Certified Administrator
· Ability to architect solutions on Community Cloud utilizing Apex and Lightning Components.
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible. Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.