The Red Hat Business Development Representative (BDR) will be responsible for identifying and developing new opportunities for Red Hat. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a new strategic initiative within the Digital Sales organization to help drive synergy between IBM and Red Hat.
· Develop an understanding of Red Hat's technologies, solutions and subscription model
· Identify, develop and nurture leads generated from both inbound and outbound prospecting, and convert responses into qualified opportunities to pass to Red Hat
· Target IBM clients with little to no Red Hat spend and generate customer interest in Red Hat's solutions portfolio with targeted value proposition
· Identify customer business needs and communicate how Red Hat's offerings can address those needs
· Leverage digital tools to run outbound campaigns with targeted approach at existing IBM client base to generate interest for Red Hat offerings
· Collaborate with Marketing to build proactive sales plays that help uncover sales leads in new territories through outbound prospecting via phone calls and email, as well as digital prospecting via blogs, social listening, twitter, & reps pages
· Qualify prospects based on established BANT criteria prior to passing validated lead to appropriate Sales route
· Facilitate introductory meetings for Red Hat's sales teams as appropriate
Experience working in multiple industries a plus.
Location: Dallas, TX
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Communication Skills (written and verbal)
· Ability to Influence
· Positive Attitude
· Sales Ability
· Attention to Detail
· Time Management
Ability to work and learn on your own, as well as a team
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
Digital Solution Sales Rep
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· At least 1 years of experience in sales or customer facing roles
· Previous experience building relationship and growing existing business accounts
· Experience cold calling and identifying potential leads
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Prior IBM sales or external experience in technology or business development role (complex solutions) & IBM Global Sales School training
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Digital Sales is a specialized sales organization with a purpose-built infrastructure consisting of Global Digital Sales Centers in Atlanta GA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, and Littleton MA. Digital Sales teams engage with clients of all sizes and markets to grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.