This role is responsible for providing service as ongoing operational management and control, including the overall operational health of servers, systems and subsystems. Also responsible for handling problems and changes by using the required tools and following appropriate procedures, and acts as the first point of contact in case of escalations.
· Planning and installation of new operating system releases to maintain software currency.
· Planning and installation of upgrades/new software when required.
· Open requirements and/or fix requests for software updates
· Management of system & software configurations (via change control).
· Ensuring that all work is actioned in accordance with security standards.
· Use of the current processes/tools to assist with security healthchecking and maintenance of security standards.
· Ensuring that Security APARS/PTFs are managed and applied before due date.
· Creation and maintenance of documentation.
· Working to establish and build on collaborative working relationships with customer groups and other teams.
· Reviewing and approving change control plans.
· Resolution of problems relating to the operating system and associated software.
. Provide support for IBM internal teams.
. Make sure to reach SLA-s for incidents/changes/service requests.
. Handle incoming e-mails / requests from IBM internal teams and customers.
· Software - Problem Determination/Resolution
· Problem solution and changes which are carried out and monitored in various PCM Tools
· Software Last Level Support
· Maintenance of system documentation
· Maintenance of operator manuals
What we can offer
· Competitive salary
· Health/insurance related benefits (private health insurance, pension plan contribution, life insurance)
· Flexible benefit elements (SZÉP card, AYCM sports card, School Support, Local Travel Pass)
· Commuting and relocation support
· Special discounts with IBM card
· International environment
· Development and career opportunities
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0386) IBM Data Storage Systems Information Technology LLC
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Preferred IT Engineer Degree
- At least 3 years System Programmer experiences or relevant Mainframe support experiences.
- Good level of English language
- z/OS upgrade and maintenance
- Strong SMP/E knowledge
- IBM software installation and maintenance(TWS, Omegamon, etc.)
- ISV software installation and maintenance(CA, Compuware, Relational Architects, etc.)
- Last level problem solving
- IBM System Automation installation and maintenance(upgrade, PTF install)
- IBM System Automation administration(define STCs, timers, etc., strong REXX knowledge needed)
- GDPS installation and maintenance(upgrade, PTF install)
- GDPS administration and configuration(participating in D/R tests as a GDPS expert)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise :
- Capacity & performance management(add/remove MIPS, memory in HMC)
- Security system programmer(upgrade and maintenance of security related products, like RACF, CA ACF2 or TopSecret)
- User administration(user ID and access creation, profile maintenance, etc.)
Required Education :
Preferred Education :
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you, this might
mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern,
please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
This position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what's next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.