The role and your responsibilities
· Understand the customer's needs and experience, and continually test your assumptions
· Understand the client's business strategy, goals and target segments
· Align the team & stakeholders on the product vision, value to be achieved and the customer needs to be met – all based on thorough research findings and performance insights
· Work with the team to ensure acceptance criteria is defined
· Collaborate with the team to agree on a definition of done and build collective ownership
· Refine and prioritise the team's backlog of work
· Facilitate team activities from story mapping, prioritisation, estimation, road mapping, product brainstorming and evolving business model canvases
· Work with the team to surface and address impediments
· Define an MVP aligned to agreed customer / business outcomes, adding features incrementally
· Develop roadmaps and associated product metrics and use data-driven decision making
· Balance trade-offs among product value, design, and technological constraints
· Track and report on value realised and relevant journey/experience metrics
· Create advocates in the enterprise leadership for your product vision.
· Demonstrated experience (> 3 years) as a product manager / product owner with a solid understanding of product-based delivery
· At least 3 years working in an agile-enabled delivery environment
· Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to lead, develop, and motivate a team as well as work as part of a team
· Tracking product performance, understanding of value drivers, and making decisions based on these
· Demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders at different levels
· Extra dose of awesome industry experience in Product Ownership
· Demonstrated track record working in dual track discovery / delivery environment
· Worked at a start-up environment and have experience in giving a pitch.
· Ability to evangelise a product vision
· Data driven decision making
· Analytical, and value driver analysis
· Empower, teach and motivate squad members
· Product & portfolio strategy development
· Techniques to discover, design, develop, evolve business & product strategies
· An strong understanding of key Agile/Scrum concepts
· User-centred methods such as Design Thinking, Lean Startup, Design Sprint and Usability Testing
· Understands exponential technologies and associated practices, technology trends and their impacts to business and users
· A solid understanding of financial structures and business models
· Strong communication skills, written and verbal with an ability to articulate and influence key stakeholders / decision makers.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Business Sales & Delivery Executive
State / Province
Primary job category
(8004) IBM Global Services Pte Ltd. - LC03
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
As the Product Owner you set the product vision and work with your team to maximise the value delivered in all they do. You are deeply curious about the problem / opportunity space and continually explore solutions to evolve the product to meet customer and business needs.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.