At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM SevOne Network Performance Management team is looking for a Principal Product Designer who is passionate and opinionated about user interface design and experience to create usable, capable, and consumable products.
As the ranking and lead product designer, you will partner closely with the Office of the CTO and other Product leaders and set the design vision and direction for the entire IBM SevOne NPM offering. This includes SevOne NMS, SevOne Data Insight, SevOne WiFi, SDN and SD-WAN Solutions, Data Cloud and Streaming Telemetry Collector as well as leading design thinking around larger product integrations within IBM Software Networking. You are expected to evaluate and raise the UX, visual and interaction design IQ across all teams, fostering a culture of design around user centered outcomes.
You are empowered to continually assess, evaluate and question how to make our products, people and processes better to ensure they are best aligned to ensure we can build products that allow our users to best access, visualize and explore large, complex datasets; intuitively creating insight from analysis. We are seeking out a proactive designer who is willing to challenge the status quo and willing to take on a leadership role. You will use our product set every day and work with customers at huge Fortune 500 companies who leverage our software platforms to assure network and application performance every day.
RESPONSIBILITY & QUALIFICATIONS
· Be hands-on with interaction design, visual design, prototyping and customer research –taking problems from concept to implementation, quickly and iteratively.
· Licensed to be maniacal about UX. Sweat the details –UI consistency, interactions, and roadmaps/plans. Everything is a prototype; everything can be improved.
· Deep experience with Figma, tracking product developments, developing high fidelity end to end designs, animated prototypes and Figma hierarchical organization.
· Familiar with modern Software Development concepts, Jira, Gitlab, etc.
· Conduct user research, light demos and facilitate feedback sessions.
· Lead and mentor cross-functional teams of product managers, software developers, designers, and researchers to maintain and improve a usable, capable, and consumable experience across SevOne products.
· Own product design at SevOne end-to-end: including new feature discovery via UX research, ideation through every fidelity of UI design and user testing, and validation of high-quality experiences through product testing and QA.
· Present and articulate design process, inspiration, and decisions to internal stakeholders including C-suite executives.
· Advocate an amazing user experience for our users by becoming an expert in our products and our users’ problems.
· Multiply your impact by mentoring and developing product designers.
· Manage, direct and prioritize design backlog.
· Located near one of the following strategic locations: Boston, Philadelphia or Delaware.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Enterprise Design Thinking Practitioner
· Internalized understanding of the NN/g Ten Usability Heuristics
· Experience with BI, SQL, Graph, performance analysis and data visualization
· Experience with Application Performance Management (APM), Network Management Systems (NMS) / Operations Support Systems (OSS)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
· Experience working with distributed or remote teams
· Experience building or implementing complex design systems
· Familiarity with Carbon design system
· Practitioner of product-led growth techniques
· Start up experience