Looking for a SQL / PL SQL Developer for our international team supporting the financial services of our client, a market leader in automotive industry.
In this role, the SQL / PL SQL Developer will work directly with project managers, business analysts, testers and other developers on delivering new system enhancements and interfaces to the existing core back-office application that supports the business full contract life cycle management.
- Apply technical skills, expertise and principles of software engineering to design, develop, maintain, test and evaluate software using PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle Forms and Reports and other technologies;
- Understand scope of work, analyze requirements and prepare technical solution, estimates, recommendations and identify limitations;
- Coordinate development efforts with other team members to ensure project delivery
- Create and maintain technical documentation;
- Follow the internal secure coding standards and quality directives.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0112) IBM Romania Srl
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree;
- 2+ years experience in Oracle PL/SQL development (mid-senior level);
- 2+ years experience with SQL and Oracle Databases (mid-senior level);
- Understanding of data modelling concepts;
- Strong in debugging and understanding existing code for modifications;
- Excellent focus and strong attention to detail', strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Self directed with the ability to work with minimal supervision and meet goals
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to communicate technical issues
- Experience at working both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations;
- Self-motivated, strong team player;
- Willing to dedicate time to understand the Fleet/leasing business model and the operational needs;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Oracle Forms and Reports, Shell scripting, versioning systems (e.g., GIT, SVN)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English (German language is nice to have)
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.