At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Positions are available at the IBM Patent Center located in Hopewell Junction, NY.
The Patent Attorney/Agent position provides the opportunity to perform patent procurement work on a wide variety of IBM inventions, while interacting with IBM professionals (domestic and foreign) in nearly every business unit of the company. As part of the IBM Patent Center, you will work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and exciting work environment, with opportunities to develop and share best practices throughout the Patent Center.
· You will work in the innovative and collaborative IBM Patent Center, which prepares and prosecutes patent applications within a broad range of technologies, including, for example, technologies pertaining to cloud, cognitive computing, analytics, mobile, social, and security.
· Preparing, filing, and prosecuting patent applications in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). In addition, the Patent Attorney/Agent may assist in developing the best practices for doing such patent procurement work in a high-volume, high-quality mode, and may assist and mentor others in the Patent Center.
· Work with IBM Patent Attorneys, Agents, Engineers, and Administrative Professionals both inside and outside of the Patent Center. The Patent Attorney/Agent will also work closely with IBM inventors.
To be successful in this position, you should have demonstrated organization, writing, and communication skills to both prepare and prosecute patent applications with high quality and efficiency. You should also be motivated, timely, dependable, and willing to learn.
This Patent Attorney/Agent position is fully remote until on or about September 7, 2021. Flexible arrangements for continued remote work after that time may be considered.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Must be registered to practice before the USPTO.
· Must have at least 2 years of experience as a USPTO registered Patent Attorney or Agent preparing and prosecuting U.S. patent applications.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
· Have a technical background in one or more of the following areas: Computer Science; Computer Systems Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Information Technology; Chemistry or Chemical Engineering; Materials Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Physics; or another science or engineering major with significant course work in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry or Physics.
· Have prepared at least 20 original patent applications for filing in the USPTO.
· Possess a J.D. degree from an ABA-approved law school and be admitted to at least one state bar.