IBM Technical Support Services' (TSS) seeks a Network Engineer specialized in Voice Technologies to become a part of the Global Competency Center in Sofia, Bulgaria and have the chance to deploy today's most advanced Cisco collaboration technologies.
In this Customer Support Engineer role, you will get detailed picture of the functionality of the network voice products and all elements of the service. This is a great opportunity for someone with passion and empathy to make positive impact on our customers.
This is an opportunity to advance his/her career and develop technical skills by providing value to customers while working as a leader in the networking technologies field.
The scope of responsibilities assigned to the position:
• Provides top-level support to international customers within their own team or work closely with other teams to solve problems and enhance future products with limited supervision.
• Solves service requests of different complexity raised by customers through phone, email or remote access.
• Demonstrates knowledge in the hardware and software platform, builds databases of existing issues, use debugging tools and lab simulations to analyze problems and identify solutions and achieve higher customer satisfaction by providing high quality solutions.
• Identifies improvement opportunities and recommendations in products and processes.
• Keeps up-to-date with the latest Cisco technology products in his field of expertise in order to provide high quality support.
• Demonstrates excellent English skills in both oral and written communications.
• Follow support center processes for effective management of assigned support requests.
• Willingness to work in swing/night shifts (US prime shift).
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Remote Technical Support
State / Province
Primary job category
(0023) IBM Bulgaria Ltd.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor's or Master's degree (or equivalent) in engineering (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications)
• Protocols and Concepts Knowledge - SIP, H.323, MGCP, ISDN (Voice PRI/BRI), TDM, DTMF, SCCP, Quality of Service (QoS) and voice quality issues, T.38, TCP/IP, and fundamental routing and switching knowledge
• Knowledge in the following areas will be considered as great advantage - IOS Voice Gateways, Call Manager Express (CME), Unified Call Manager (CUCM), Unified Border Element (CUBE), Unity Express (CUE),VMware, Wireshark (packet capture analysis), Transcoders (xcoding)
• Ability to troubleshoot complex and ambiguous issues.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience or interest in learning VoIP technologies.
• Certification in Cisco Networking products (CCNA Voice/ Collaboration level or above) – will be considered as advantage
• Fluent Oral and Written English skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Working experience with any enterprise class Cisco equipment is a plus
· Formal Cisco certification is a plus
· Knowledge in other technologies and products, experience and certifications will be considered as advantage
• Programming experience such as SQL and Python will be considered as advantage
• Passion and ability to learn and work in a multinational environment
• Ability to achieve goals with limited supervision
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
New Collar Role