Accounts Payable Team Member works on rule based decision making and does transaction processing in the area of payment processing according to agreed process maps and Desktop Procedures or other guidelines agreed with client. Team member in Purchase to Pay department interacts with vendors, clients, third party providers. Seeks and exchanges information, ideas and concepts to actively support any Continuous Improvement initiatives or other process and/or tools improvements. Is responsible for realization improvements established by Delivery Excellence. Ensures that the daily activities, both individual and back up's, are fulfilled according to the timetable, procedures and business goals as agreed with team leader. Prioritizes work and executes based on importance and impact. Ensures achievement of AP targets as defined by Team Leader, Manager and contractual SLAs (CPI, KPI, GPI, etc.).
Important interpersonal competencies
· Ability to adapt - ability to cope with different situations, different requirements, uncertainty and stress.
· Communication - clear, concise and honest in oral and written communication; understanding and making use of accessible communication tools.
· Drive to achieve - achieving ambitious goals and looking for better results.
· Cooperation - effective cooperation with team members and Team Leader/Manager, different units and teams inside and outside IBM; mutually respecting and appreciating differences; building and strengthening relations; finding solutions favorable for both sides.
· Actively work on cross training with your backup/shadow. Knows the tasks of the backup and is able to cover all his tasks in case of his absence.
· Helps to other team members in case of substantial amount of work
· Minimize the volume of the documents to be processed manually (reduced rate of exceptions)
· Perform document indexing/OCR data completion
· Perform validation of the documents according to client business requirements
· Handle exceptions in the process
· Manage of invoice rejection
· Process AP documents according to the procedure agreed with the client
· Ensure processing invoices according to the agreed targets
· Perform accounting for prepayments
· Communicate effectively and timely to resolve issues
· Contribute to group success of meeting and/or exceeding operational metrics
What we offer you:
· Extensive benefits package (Multisport, OK System, private medical healthcare, life insurance, cinema tickets)
· An induction training that will allow you to smoothly transition into your new role - you will receive training from your colleagues to help you land in your job and you'll also act as a trainer for assigned trainer-delivered, workshadow or recurring courses
· Learning: the opportunity to learn and grow your expertise taking part in trainings and language courses - global communication: want to improve your language skills? We will invest in you!
· Flexibility: employee development matters to us, that's why every vacancy is open for internal recruitment
· Diversity: different nationalities united in one team
· Teamwork: no one is left behind! You will back-up team members when the circumstances require extra support. We are a connected team that flows.
· Innovation: we keep the knowledge of processes and country specific information up to date by attending recurring courses or any other training activities as well as using existing documentation. Do you have any ideas for improvements? We want to hear them!
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Fin & Admin Business Associate
State / Province
Primary job category
(0855) IBM BTO Business Consulting Services Sp.z.o.o.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience)
· Strong soft skills including proven ability to turn frustrated customers into happy customers, and communicate to employees at all levels within the organization
· Excellent communication skills including full working knowledge of written and spoken English
· Experience working with finance or accounting-related products
· Attention to detail with the ability to effectively multitask and work independently
· Experience with Google Docs suite of products
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Business Outsourcing Delivery - Fin & Admin
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
As a Junior Accountant you'll be a trusted business advisor. You'll have the opportunity to position IBM for long-term financial growth delivering analysis, and providing insight and innovation into the business. You'll be redefining how we manage our organization and how we work while achieving budgeted targets and ensuring the delivery of a high quality product.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.