The Cloud Specialist is a member of the worldwide DevSecOps organization that hosts over 12000 servers, and several IaaS, PaaS, SaaS Cloud Providers. There are a variety of used Cloud Platforms: (IBM Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure), Container/Orchestrator Platforms (IBM Kubernetes Service, AmazonECS, Mirantis Kubernetes Engine), Operating Systems (Windows, AIX, Linux, zLinux, CoreOS), hardware (iSeries, pSeries, xSeries, zSeries), middleware (Rational, DB2, Domino, Websphere, Business Analytics) and service components.
The Cloud Specialist works in a ticket-based environment handling all aspects of hosting operations from resolving simple problems outlined clearly in tickets following defined processes to more complex problem solving requiring a variety of technical skills in a team environment. May also be involved in building servers to customer specifications and participate security audits and patching. Weekend, public holiday and after-hours work may be required depending upon business priority. Must be able to work on a flexible schedule as needed to work with other geographies to solve problems.
· Perform various cloud platform operations
· Perform build, deploy and support tasks
· Primary/Backup Admin of several servers.
· Handle and solve tickets according to their severity.
· Maintain Servers Data Base record set updated.
· Server administration ( account management, backup/restore, OS firewall)
· Troubleshoot OS system & performance issues.
· Troubleshooting and RCA
· Conduct upgrades and migrations of the OS and Middleware
· Implement security recommendations, resolve health checks, applying patches.
· Installing and troubleshooting middleware (software & services)
· Creating and updating runbooks and procedures
· On-call and weekend shifts
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0112) IBM Romania Srl
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· General Windows and Linux administration skills.
· Server Installation and configuration
· Proficient in the following: Install/configure WebSphere/IHS on various OS. Install/config of DB2 on various OS's. Troubleshoot OS and Middleware Steady State Support of OS/WAS/IHS/DB2/MQ/IIB environments.
· Analyze and troubleshoot technical problems.
· Basic networking (switching, routing, firewall – windows, iptables, firewalld, etc)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· AIX, HMC
· Storage (Enterprise / SoHo)
· Application Configuration with Web Servers and Databases
· Virtualization on HyperV, pSeries, and zSeries.
· OpenShift, CoreOS, Docker, Kubernetes
· IBM Cloud Packs: CP4 series
Secondary Job Category
Eligible to work in country.
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you, this might
mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern,
please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
New Collar Role
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world's relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.