The Security Operations Center Analyst will be responsible for the monitoring and auditing of Department of Defense (DoD) client systems to ensure the protection of those systems, information resources, and data within. The analyst will monitor, track, and analyze networks/systems for potential security violations/anomalies and respond to all such incidents. The analyst will work with all teams to investigate potential security violations, respond, and report accordingly. Additionally, the analyst will perform continuous monitoring duties such as vulnerability assessments, manual configuration reviews, and event analysis.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Cyber security operations and maintenance environment – 6 Mo
· Security Event Log monitoring – 6 Mo
· Network/System traffic/event analysis –6 Mo
· Vulnerability Management – 6 Mo
· Vulnerability Scan Tools – 6 Mo
· Intrusion Detection/Prevention Monitoring –6 Mo
· Analytical and Correlation Tools – 6 Mo
· DoD 8570 Compliant certification such as Security+ or CISSP
· Security clearance: secret or higher
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Understanding of firewalls and intrusion prevention/detection systems including the ability to demonstrate a mature understanding of networking best practices
· Understanding of security compliance related to FISMA, NIST, and related security and risk management regulations
· Linux and Windows operating systems
· PERL, PHP, Python and/or other scripting languages
· Experience with the following specific tools: QRadar, Nessus Security Center, Rational AppScan, Guardium, McAfee ePO
· Associates or BS degree in Cyber, Computer Science, or related field
· DoD 8570 Compliant Security Certification such as Security+, CISSP or CISM
· Security clearance: United States - DoD Secret
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today's businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM's clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.