As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Monroe Client Innovation Center is seeking Junior Front End Developers who will be responsible for:
· Review, Evaluate, and Validate technical requirement
· Experience with angular technologies
· Work with Product Owners and other team members to translate the requirements into final deliverables
· Understand Storyboards, Wireframes, Visual mockups, and other Media elements
· Understand and Utilize the latest tools, technologies, and trends in both Web and E-Learning development
· Ensure the deliverables meet IBM standards, and guidelines
· Responsible for designing, coding and modifying web pages that are focused on education content within the standards, guidelines and requirements
· Work with Product Owners, Stakeholders and other team members as appropriate
· Understand and Utilize the tools and technologies being used
· Work with the SMEs to understand the requirements… as and when appropriate
· Work with PM / IM to keep on track with the project plan, timeline and billing
· Work with Learning Experience Designers to understand the storyboards and requirements
· Work with Visual Designers to gather wireframes, Visual Mockups, graphics, audio, video and other UI elements
· Work with Quality Assurance (QA) team to get the product tested, address any issues
· Work with the Test & Publication team to get it hosted in an appropriate hosting environment
Successful candidates for these positions will work onsite at the IBM Client Innovation Center in Monroe, Louisiana. The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, Louisiana. This is not a work from home position.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· At least 2 years of relevant work experience
· At least 2 year experience in Angular, React Nation, or React JS
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
· At least 2 years experience in Java