UNITED KINGDOM IT development
In this role, you'll work in one of our IBM Consulting Client Innovation Centers (Delivery Centers), where we deliver deep technical and industry expertise to a wide range of public and private sector clients around the world. Our delivery centers offer our clients locally based skills and technical expertise to drive innovation and adoption of new technology.
A career in IBM Consulting embraces long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You'll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including IBM Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you'll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Software Developer you'll participate in many aspects of the software development lifecycle, such as design, code implementation, testing, and support. You will create software that enables your clients' hybrid-cloud and AI journeys.
You'll have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies, ensuring the applications delivered are high performing, highly available, responsive, and maintainable.
Your primary responsibilities include:
· Analyze, validate and propose improvements to existing failures, with the support of the architect and technical leader.
· Involvement in every step of the process, from design, development, testing release changes and troubleshoot where necessary, providing a great customer service.
· Drive key discussions with your stakeholders and analyze the current landscape for opportunities to operate and code creative solutions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Basic HTML/CSS or React knowledge
· Good debugging/logging knowledge including server monitoring & log files
· Good SQL or SQL Developer/Database knowledge
· Good understanding of UI purposes/functionality
· Jira/Confluence/Project tracking
· Application Monitoring/Protective Monitoring
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise