Do you enjoy technical challenges, and meeting business and user needs with creative solutions?
Are you the kind of person who is keen to take on a variety of roles within your team?
Do you want to work for a world-class organisation, serving large and small user bases, and making a measurable difference to their lives?
We are looking for a high-calibre Web Developer to join our team based in the IBM London Studio, building applications and solving problems for IBM's 210,000 Business Partners, and the IBMers who support them.
The Studio is an exciting collaborative space which brings together best-in-class people, technology and workspaces to create leading software solutions. We take a group of designers, developers, and business analysts, and give them free reign on how to address the problem, in a "We give you a problem, you decide how to solve it" environment.
You will be working on both the front end and back end of the applications we build, utilizing the frameworks such as AngularJS and Node.js, and sophisticated, state-of-the-art DevOps pipelines with GitHub, Jenkins and Travis. You'll also be able to shape the choice of technologies used within your team.
Day to day, and sprint to sprint, you'll be responsible for ensuring that the components you and your teammates are expertly designed, developed, tested, debugged, verified, and ready for integration into various contexts across the enterprise. You would also be working closely with your designer and business analyst colleagues, helping craft the product ahead.
Some of our existing projects are:
· A "What You See Is What You Get" website creator, to bring IBM's Content Strategists closer to their audience
· An opportunity management application, used by all of our Business Partners
· An interactive analytics dashboard, showcasing live, worldwide data about how our Business Partners are working
Essential Technical Skills and Qualities
As a developer, you should wow us with:
· Good working experience with Node.js and Express
· HTML5, ES8, and CSS3 expertise
· Experience architecting, testing and developing APIs
· Proficiency understanding of Git, or other source code management systems
· Experience with continuous integration practices and tools
· A deep understanding of Agile development principles and practices
· Experience working in close collaboration with designers, and building according to specifications
We take team fit very seriously - we owe it to ourselves, and we owe it to you to ensure that you are going to enjoy working with us. If you decide to work with us, you will need to show us that you have:
· Great planning, organisational, and time management skills
· An ability to handle and prioritise your own workload, to deal with deadlines and changes to requirements
· Tried-and-tested collaboration skills, across both global and local team environments, and varying levels of stakeholders
· A drive to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction, addressing the underlying problem and questioning any assumptions
· Logical approach to problem solving
· Meticulous attention to detail
· An entrepreneurial self-starter attitude
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
LONDON, CITY OF
Primary job category
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As listed on Job description
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• DevOps practices
• Integration and UI Testing
• Test Driven Development
• Object oriented programming languages
• Shell scripting
• Linux operating system
• Mobile application development
Early Professional Track
New Collar Role