IBM's Watson Health Cúram Solution team is now searching for Java/J2EE Technical consultants to join our team!
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Discover what you can make of this moment and apply now to explore this opportunity with us.
In this role in the Watson Health Cúram team, you will support clients to implement IBM Cúram Social Platform Management (SPM). You will join a dynamic team that works with customers to meet their business objectives while embracing emerging and cutting-edge technologies, new standards and solving complex problems.
You will continue to develop expertise in the technical aspects of IBM Watson Health SPM solutions and work closely, at project sites, with clients, systems integration partners and delivery teams.
Cúram SPM Solutions offer full life-cycle support for managing health and social programs from needs to outcomes. By designing around the client, Cúram SPM solutions empower organizations to collaborate around client needs, providing citizens with easier access to governmental services and offering more effective ways to achieve desired health and social goals..
To learn more about what we are doing, check us out …
*Must be flexible to travel to client project sites.
· Create functional and technical designs as well as solution prototypes, to support SPM configurations and extensions such as workflow, rules and/or integrations, while adhering to W3C and accessibility guidelines
· Demonstrate problem solving expertise through investigation and resolution of issues.
· Work closely with client and partner staff on matters related to the Cúram SPM technical architecture and communicate effectively (both written and verbal)
· Establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with fellow employees, System Integration partners and clients, to promote IBM WH as a trusted partner.
· Maintain industry standard version controls.
· Facilitate requirements and fit/gap workshops with client staff on technical topics and non-functional requirements.
· Develop, code and unit test Cúram extensions in a J2EE environment, using application services like Web Design System, WebSphere or WebLogic, and DBs like Oracle and DB2.
· Willingness to ramp up to hands-on Cúram design and development practice. Understand and employ deployment architecture for Cúram SPM.
· Excellent communication & documentation skills to articulate the solution. Additional requirements not identified below
· Knowledge and experience working in flavors of UNIX/Windows NT Operating Systems
· Experience working in different SDLC life cycle methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall
· Good understanding of a standard deployment model for a typical n-tier enterprise Java/J2EE web application Working within multiple delivery approaches, e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid, Devops, etcCúram Solutions offer full life-cycle support for managing health and social programs from needs to outcomes. By designing around the client, Cúram solutions empower organizations to collaborate around client needs, providing citizens with easier access to governmental services and offering more effective ways to achieve desired health and social goals via digital channels.
This role is open to be filled in Montreal, Ottawa, or Toronto
Must be eligible/legally entitled to work in Canada
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· At least 2 to 6 years' hands on experience in application design/development/unit testing processes
· At least 2 years' experience in Java /JEE/ J2EE development
· Experience working with the Integrated Development Environment such as Eclipse, Eclipse based IDE products such as IBM RSA or similar
· At least 2-years' experience working with relational databases (DB2 or Oracle) and SQL
· Knowledge of Application Servers like WebSphere, WebSphere Liberty or equivalent
· Knowledge of Webservers such as Apache Tomcat
· Knowledge of JMS/Messaging, Webservice (SOAP/REST)
· Eligible for Federal Reliability Clearance
· Bilingual (English/French)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· 1 to 2 years of experience in design, development and deployment using IBM SPM
· Experience in implementation of ERP/ commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) package software or similar
· Knowledge of deploying enterprise applications on app servers such as WebSphere
· Experience with UML and various design patterns
· Experience in working with ReactJS & Redux
· Experience in Functional, Regression, Integration, Load, System and Performance testing and Defect management using Bugzilla, JIRA and HP ALM/QC
· Expertise in automation using Selenium WebDriver with Java/Python and HP UFT
· Knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD tools and infrastructure automation tools
· Knowledge of scripting like YAML, JSON, PowerShell, BASH or Python
· Knowledge of Docker and container orchestration and management platforms
· Familiarity with the logging and monitoring tools such as Log4j, ELK, Splunk
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM's Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM's Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.