The Federal Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
In this exciting role, you will provide midlevel analytical and problem solving skills when addressing and resolving issues, assessing possible system impacts, and recommending technical solutions.
Provide knowledge of computer science principles to perform complex system and software engineering assignments.
Experience with the support of enterprise level computing platforms and systems administration is required.
Information Assurance skills are highly desired, as are auditing and experience with continuous monitoring and security event detection and response. Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing or software programs is a plus
· Experience with Certification and Accreditation standards and documentation would also be beneficial (NIST 800-53 in particular) and DSS National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
· Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
· Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
· Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, and customer requirements.
· Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends.
· Other responsibilities include; maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures, perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning, perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions, repair and recover from hardware or software failures as well as create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
· The execution of all duties and responsibilities for this position requires the candidates to be physically present in the Annapolis Junction Facility.
· Furthermore this position would also require you to maintain the facility clearance by completing Facility Security Officer (FSO) training and all other applicable DCSA requirements for the FSO/AFSO position within the NISP.
· Previous FSO experience is a plus.
· Work with remote program management and existing program FSO to maintain the remote location and all applicable E-FCL requirements.
· This will require but is not limited to the following; Secure open and close procedures, classified material inventory management, contributing to and maintaining Risk Management Framework activity documentation and System Security Planning, Local Data Security & Privacy implementation, interfacing with DSS Industrial Security Representatives, maintaining Secure Operating Procedures, managing physical access control to the classified space through credential issuance and auditing of user access and maintaining DSS accreditation documents in accordance with main program requirements and COMSEC material handling and management as required.
· Implement and maintain the security requirements as defined by the client. (40%)
· Systems and software implementation and support (40%)
· Risk Analysis and Management (10%)
· Change management (10%)
Auto req ID
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Linux/UNIX experience (3 years)
· Systems administration and support (3 years)
· Advanced MS Office Proficiency
· Security Clearance: Current DoD Government Security Clearance (active within last 2 years)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Facility Security Officer (FSO) Experience
· Security and Information Assurance skills
· Networking skills
· Tivoli backup and restore
· Semiconductor Manufacturing Experience / Theory
· Security Clearance: United States - DoD Secret
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
US Citizenship required.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today's businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM's clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.