· Perform steady state management of various network security infrastructure and solutions such as NGFW, UTM, WAF, IDS/IPS, DDoS protection, NAC, etc.
· Review and analyze client requests, translate them into policies and rules and deploy to managed appliances/systems; following all processes and procedures, minimizing chances of failures and outages to client environments.
· Regularly review product announcements, advisories and create remediation plans and implement to mitigate associated risks.
· Lead and participate in troubleshooting sessions to find root cause of issues and provide quick workarounds and timely resolutions within client SLAs.
· Perform all activities adhering to IBM and Client policies, processes and guidelines and contribute towards continuous improvements to the services.
· Participate in on-call rotations and perform change and incident management outside of normal shift hours, as required.
· Contribute towards team documentation efforts by creating and maintaining effective operational and technical documentation.
· Work effectively as a team player and proactively identify and escalate to management any risks and opportunities in the managed services.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Security Services Specialist
State / Province
Primary job category
(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· English Fluent (verbal and written)
· Min 3- 5 years experience in a Security Operations role
· Experience working with NGFW products, especially Cisco NGFW - Firepower and ASA, preferably in at least one implementation and ongoing support.
· Experience with web application security and WAF products, especially F5 load balancers with WAF module.
· Canadian federal government security clearance Level 2 - Secret
· Handling security Incidents, Changes and Service Requests using IT service management tools and methodologies (ITIL).
· Solid understanding of other IT infrastructure areas such as networking, servers, etc.; and how it relates to security solutions.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Industry recognized security certifications. (Eg. CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CEH, Security+, etc.).
· Technical certifications, product and vendor specific certifications (Eg. CCNA, CCSP, FNSE, PCNSE, BCCPA, JNCIS-FWV, etc.).
· Experience working with service management tools such as ServiceNow.
· Client facing experience supporting large scale security solutions.
· Experience with cloud security solutions, working with major cloud computing service providers.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology
Secondary Job Category
· Legally authorized to work in Canada without the need of sponsorship
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
As an IT Security Services Specialist you will apply your cyber security knowledge and skills to defend our clients from increasingly complex and persistent cyber threats, using our advanced and industry leading security tools and products and following robust security operations processes and procedures.
Working with a team of security professionals from our SOC at Markham, you will be involved in deployment and integration activities, device management, policy management, event analysis and triage, service-level reporting and other security services related tasks.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.