At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is seeking an experienced and dynamic Consultant to work directly with customer accounts to customize, extend and deploy IBM software and solutions in our customer’s environments.
The Consultant is a technical, customer-facing role having paramount impact on customers’ experience. The position is responsible for an exciting range of projects and solutions. The ideal candidate will have provided hands-on systems engineering and capable of providing consulting services in complex environments.
He or she will have experience working in a DevOps capacity and have skills with Java, Docker, Kubernetes across various platforms including Linux and various cloud providers.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the anticipated compensation range for the position ($85,000 - $178,000) is based on a full - time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary depending on your job - related skills and experience. For part time roles, the compensation will be adjusted appropriately.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Hands on experience working with Netcool, Instana or Turbonomic
· You will work within various industries to deploy solutions and assist customers with their DevOps processes including:
· Application and platform management
· Continuous Integration/Development
· Site Reliability Engineering consulting
· Work with various IBM software products and Red Hat OCP running on various platforms and clouds
· Requires ability to absorb professional knowledge quickly and develop skills
· Problem Solving: Recognize job-related problems. Analyze causes using existing techniques or tools, prepare and recommend solution alternatives
· Use strong verbal and written communication skills to work with customers, understand their needs, and explain technical solutions.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
· Application development and/or systems engineering experience (8 Years)
· Technical support or consulting client-facing experience, preferably with an organization serving mission-critical operations(5 Years)
· Strong knowledge of Linux(4Years)
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills(6 Years)
· Familiarity with Java and scripting(6 Years)
· Experience with Docker and container orchestration in micro service architectures, specifically Kubernetes(2 Years)
· Experience with Jenkins CI/CD pipelines and Git proficiency(2 Years)
· Broad cloud provider experience (AWS, GCP, IBM Cloud) (2 Years)
· Experience with Infrastructure as Code, e.g.CloudFormation, Pulumi, or Terraform
· Experience with Configuration management tooling, e.g. in Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Salt
· Experience and familiarity with APM products and services
· Strong written and verbal communication skills