Hi, I'm offering the IBM i system support/administrator position within the well settled team with great feedback from our clients, who is covering majority of European Markets. We're taking care of the infrastructure for our clients, setting up the backup policy using BRMS, configuring WWTS for monitoring and reporting purposes, supporting various HA and FlashCopy solutions. We're providing troubleshooting, emergency issues handling, capacity planning and reporting and much more for our clients. The team is working in friendly atmosphere, operating from Brno.
· IBM i system management
· troubleshooting (MSGW, system issues, ..)
· patch managment (PTFs planning and implementation)
· Save operations (mostly BRMS)
· Healthchecking with following remediation of findings
· High availability problem solving (mimix, iTera, powerHA, QuickEDD, flashcopy,...)
· communication with multiple parties, both IBM and client
· Capacity managment (identify bottle neck in pefrormance and solve)
· LPAR Configuration (preparation of new LPAR profile on HMC, installation of OS and licpgm, basic setup)
· High availability solutions configuration
· OS system upgrades As an IBM employee, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
· 5 weeks of paid vacation
· Elaborate education program for each employee - training during the work career, courses are lead by professional lectors; e-learning education; flexible education plan for each job position
· Strong career opportunities
· Access to Hi-tech; MAC@IBM
· Above standard Medical Care
· Discounts in Sports, Culture, Healthcare, Childcare, Finance, Electronics
· Global Travel and Life insurance
· Contribution to the Pension fund
· IBM stock purchase plan
You will have the opportunity to:
· Join our Succeeding@IBM Program - a structured on-boarding and development program
· Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
· Gain knowledge and develop skills through our world-class trainings
· Benefit from mentoring and coaching
· Balance your work with your life and enjoy a flexible working environment
Please, take in consideration, that should your application be successful, our recruiters will contact you.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Server Support Specialist
State / Province
Primary job category
(0674) IBM Global Services Delivery Center Czech Republic s.r.o.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· English both written and spoken
· previous praxis on the platform (no matter the years, important is the knowledge)
· BRMS knowledge - advanced (ability to build BRMS network for new systems and configure WWTS to monitor this is typical task)
· IBM i OS knowledge
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Programing skill in CL and RPG
· Knowledge of Mimix, iTera, QuickEdd, powerHA
· VIO configuration knowlege
· MQ configuration knowlege
Secondary Job Category
Technical Solutions Support Specialist
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you, this might
mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern,
please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
This position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what's next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.