We're looking for an enthusiastic application developer to help us support and enhance our Intercompany Accounting mainframe systems which are critical to IBM accounting business processes.
· Work will be performed in Southbury, CT
· Collaborate with teammates and interact with product owners
· Analyze customer or product owners needs and deliver solutions to meet those needs
· Provide ongoing steady state support and maintenance of the intercompany accounting portfolio
· Participate in design, development, review and test efforts for enhancements
· Perform root cause analysis of technical and process issues
The development team uses Agile Practices and IBM Design Thinking to drive customer success, deliver holistic product experiences, and tackle new and exciting challenges. The team is located in an agile open space and uses physical and virtual tools to collaborate and manage their work. The secret to success is our people and culture.
Successful candidates will have the following work habits
· Strong desire and ability to learn new technical skills and absorb professional knowledge quickly
· Strong analytical, good debugging and problem solving skills
· Requires demonstrated communication and customer interfacing skills
· Iteratively develop and enhance solutions to business needs
· Demonstrate a clear pride of ownership, propose new ideas and exhibit relentless focus on quality
· Work effectively in an open environment where creativity and collaboration are welcome and encouraged
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Fixed Term - Long Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· A minimum of 5 years' experience in systems support, application development and/or integration
· Demonstrated experience in z/OS, DB2, SQL, JCL, QMF, Domino
· Demonstrated communication skills in a customer facing environment.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Demonstrated experience in _ PL1, C/C++, TSO/ISPF, MQ Series, Domino, FTP, TSO/ISPF, SCLM, IMS , Working with Agile teams,
· Exposure to Intercompany Accounting systems
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM's IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.