The mission of Toolbox@IBM is to:
· Support and accelerate IBM's ongoing transformation
· Provide IBMers with world-class tools focused on making IBM developers happier and more productive
· Lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use
· Engineer the systems that run the business
· Innovate to transform the business
The advertised position is with our Toolbox@IBM DevTools Jira@IBM squad, which manages a strategic, mission-critical, on-premise instance of Jira Software Data Center and its underlying infrastructure. One of the largest instances of Jira Software, Jira@IBM is a centrally owned and governed platform, supporting IBMers across the global enterprise, in every time zone.
We're looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer with an operations workflow mindset, an individual with an empathetic ear and an eye on the future. The ideal candidate will be someone who is looking for continual growth, can think strategically and perform tactically, and wants to make a positive difference that ripples through the organization.
Jira@IBM Infrastructure Operations Engineers are responsible for the following:
· Maintaining high availability and site health for the Jira@IBM platform
· Staying current on best practices in the realm of large-scale distributed systems management and security, and actively applying those practices to our platform and hosting environment
· Identifying gaps in our offerings and collaborating with stakeholders inside & outside of Toolbox to fill those gaps In this position you will use these skills on a daily basis:
· Ensuring the platform adheres to application and infrastructure security and privacy standards and regulations
· Forming hypotheses about reported problems and validating these through experimentation and data feedback
· Agile project management practices and methodologies You will be expected to be
· Self-directed and accountable
· Flexible to make tradeoff decisions based on business needs
· Fearlessness in the face of the unknown
· Capable of creating and sustaining a healthy, collaborative team culture in which team members are engaged and empowered to provide input and challenge assumptions
· Able to work with cross-functional teams
· Exercising a Growth mindset
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Demonstrated experience with Database, System, and Network Administration
· Facile use of Security Threat Detection and Mitigation practices
· Experience with Linux/Red Hat/OpenShift and Kubernetes
· Proficiency with Scripting (Bash, Python, html, Groovy, Java)
· Ability to perform Scaled application performance testing
· Experience configuring and managing NGINX
· Familiarity with IBM Cloud infrastructure, including allocation, access/account configuration
· An understanding of LogDNA and PostgreSQL Db Availability
· A firm grasp of Agile planning and tracking software platforms such as Jira Software
· A keen client awareness that drives priorities
· A combination of education, technical training, and/or work/military experience equivalent to a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, IT, etc.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Strong candidates will also come pre-loaded with the following:
· Understanding of Site Reliability Engineering
· Ability to manage capacity and performance problem determination by analyzing system metrics and logs
· Experience applying software engineering practices to hosting and managing large-scale, mission-critical infrastructure
· Understanding the latest techniques, practices, and technology from the industry, sharing these with team members, and applying them where appropriate
· Experience planning for system problems by having a robust incident management practice
· Capacity for continuously improvement through retrospectives, post-incident investigations, and experimentation
· Experience using New Relic and/or Instana
· Wicked sense of humor and outside interests, because all work and no play is boring
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM's IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 350,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.