At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, let’s talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Information Architecture On Prem and Cloud Sales Representative
Your responsibilities include prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing new business to existing and new clients in your territory. The Data and AI Sales Representative brings competencies and value propositions to their clients, and uses all the organization to solve client problems with appropriate analytic solutions.
What you’ll do:
· Account and Client Relationship Management, Sales and Software License and SaaS Subscription Revenue.
· Annual Target Revenue and Signings - Meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue and signings targets with an emphasis on pricing greater than your competition due to greater value for your clients.
· Sales strategies- Align IBM analytic solutions with the client’s strategic objectives - Develops account plans to ensure revenue and signings target delivery and sustainable growth, relationships in new and existing clients.
· Trusted advisor - Establishes strong management and CXX relationships based on knowledge of client requirements and commitment to value (value of counsel and expertise, value of solutions, value of implementation expertise). Builds a foundation on which to harvest future business opportunities and accurate account information and coaching.
· Client Activities - Actively understand each client’s technology footprint, strategic growth plans, technology strategy and competitive landscape. Negotiate access to key decision makers and facilitate meetings with IBM executives.
· Territory and Account Leadership - Develop a pipeline of viable opportunities that exceeds quota, and keep abreast of every prospect in your territory.
· Business Planning – Develop cooperative closing strategy and tactics with sales management.
· Build and share best practice sales and negotiation skills, sell value, and up sell and cross sell to client base.
· Maintain CRM system with accurate client and pipeline information. How we’ll help you grow:
You’ll have access to all the technical and sales training courses you need to become the expert you want to be. You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor. You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Sales Experience
· Location - West Coast of USA
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
· Proven ability to articulate and deliver compelling, industry-focused solutions and value in one or more of the following strategic industries: Retail, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Travel, or Transportation
· In-depth knowledge of market in order to connect market trends to the IBM Data and AI portfolio to position compelling transformation solutions to clients
· In-depth business development, sales and/or consultant experience
· Strong collaboration and negotiation skills with ability to lead the collaborative process with both the client leadership and IBM's sales leadership
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills at all levels of an organization
· Strong background in Open Source, Data, Cloud and Data and AI solutions
· Driven and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to excellence in everything they do
· Ability to build and maintain positive business relationships with peers and clients