At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Systems Lab Services organization is looking for an IT Management Consultant with expertise in IBM storage technology and products to lead and deliver pre-sales and post-sales client engagements that enable the adoption of IBM Spectrum Storage solutions and help influence IBM revenue. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated a successful history of IBM storage consultative and architectural project engagements, be familiar with architectural methods, can independently assess IT infrastructures, evaluate gaps in best practices and create solution recommendations for client environments while displaying excellent collaboration and communication with Clients, Sellers, Business Partners and Colleagues by delivering reports to clients.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering workshops and implementing projects containing Software Defined Storage Solutions, Spectrum Scale, Spectrum Archive, Cloud and Elastic Storage utilizing best practices for mirroring, backup and recovery, encryption, cloud, storage management and elasticity. You will also plan, build, and document storage architectures and designs for our client's IT infrastructure and transformation projects based on business, financial and technical requirements.
You should have hands-on experience and expertise in proof of concept (PoC) projects and planning and deploying IBM storage infrastructures in client data center environments while integrating multi-vendor components. A working knowledge of IBM's storage hardware and software solutions such as Spectrum Scale Elastic Storage Server, IBM FlashSystem, the IBM Storwize family, SAN networking, Linux administration on IBM Power Systems, Transparent Cloud Tiring, Information Lifecycle Management, SAN Volume Controller (SVC), GPFS, Data migration and Tape solutions.
You may also have the opportunity to develop new services offerings and capabilities that support both IBM's organic and any newly acquired Storage technologies that support our Software Defined Storage growth initiatives.
This STG Lab Services Storage Delivery team position requires excellent client facing communications; very strong individual planning and project management skills; flexibility and a willingness to work in a dynamic environment; and customer travel (typically 50-75%). You can reside in any city and proximity to a major airport is a plus.
IT infrastructure matters. The right data architecture can help businesses get the most out of their data, their storage, and their people. IBM offers data storage solutions to help businesses meet their data storage requirements and improve their data economics. Leap forward working with IBM's next-generation solutions for storage and help our clients transform IT for insight and efficiency.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Bachelor’s Degree
· At least 2 years experience in delivering IBM storage consulting projects and/or architecting and planning IBM storage infrastructures for client's data centers.
· At least 1 years experience in client facing communications, requirements analysis, documentation and report presentations.
· At least 2 years experience in individual project management and the ability to collaborate across teams globally.
· Readiness to travel up to 75% travel annually
· English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
· Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
· At least 3 years experience in delivering IBM storage consulting projects and/or architecting and planning IBM storage infrastructures for client's data centers.
· At least 2 years experience in client facing communications, requirements analysis, documentation and report presentations.
· At least 3 years experience in individual project management and the ability to collaborate across teams globally.