· Propose continuous improvement actions aimed to optimize reliability of customers' batch plans and developing the automation of operations.
· Implement all pro-active actions aimed at ensuring the reliability of applications while being aware of their impact on our customers' business
· Develop instructions and train level 1 and 2 administrators. Continuously train, and be able to continuously learn to manage new incidents.
· Regularly audit the application chains in order to prevent any incident. Punctual travels may be requested in France
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(1296) IBM Services Center - France
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Level of study Bac +4/5
· Knowledge on writing summary report
· Knowledge on hot to explain complex problems in simple terms in few minutes
· Enthusiasm for teamwork
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience in a production department (IT or other)
· Have worked in collaborative mode (agile, Design Thinking ..)
· Knowledge of the ITIL approach
· Knowledge of a certification approach (ISO 27000….)
· IBM iSeries systems administration
· Supervision and logging knowledge
· Knowledge of M3 and Wintel satellites
· Language: CL., RPG, BRMS and backup resources
· Knowledge of system architecture (high availability HW or SW)
· DevOps practices and tools (ex. Ansible)
· Basic knowledge of the Power environment (Power VM - HMC - storage arrays)
· Basic knowledge of the security principles of systems and networks (TCP-IP, VPN, etc.)
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Referral Promo Code
As an IBM iSeries administrator, you will be responsible for monitoring, correcting incidents, proposing and implementing proactive solutions to improve the reliability of our customers' application chains.
Taking into account the business impact of these application chains is essential. You will be in charge, among other things :
• Manage, administer and ensure the smooth running of backups and batches, in order to guarantee the proper execution of jobs in the allotted window, and with the expected results.
• Intervene in Expertise Level 2/3 on incidents and problem solving. Ensure the production of new programs and treatments while ensuring compliance with operating and safety
• Participate to Pre-sales participation with our engagement teams in order to assess the charges / costs / risks of resuming application operations
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.