The Cloud Specialist interns will be members of the worldwide DevSecOps organization that hosts over 12000 servers, and several IaaS, PaaS, SaaS Cloud Providers. There are a variety of used Cloud Platforms: (IBM Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure), Container/Orchestrator Platforms (IBM Kubernetes Service, AmazonECS, Mirantis Kubernetes Engine), Operating Systems (Windows, AIX, Linux, zLinux, CoreOS), hardware (iSeries, pSeries, xSeries, zSeries), middleware (Rational, DB2, Domino, Websphere, Business Analytics) and service components.
· Perform various cloud platform operations
· Perform build, deploy and support tasks
· Primary/Backup Admin of several servers.
· Handle and solve tickets according to their severity.
· Maintain Servers Data Base record set updated.
· Server administration ( account management, backup/restore, OS firewall)
· Troubleshoot OS system & performance issues.
· Troubleshooting and RCA
· Conduct upgrades and migrations of the OS and Middleware
· Implement security recommendations, resolve health checks, applying patches.
· Installing and troubleshooting middleware (software & services)
· Creating and updating runbooks and procedures
· On-call and weekend shifts The internship is on a 3-month-contract, full time, with high possibility of continuity.
The recruitment process for these roles imply, besides interviews, the participation to an online 1-day-assessment center.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0112) IBM Romania Srl
Fixed Term - Short Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· student in final year or fresh graduate of an IT university: preferred are Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
· SQL- knowledge
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
· strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
· General Windows and Linux administration skills.
· Server Installation and configuration (theoretical knowledge are relevant)
· any knowledge in the following are considered a plus: Install/configure WebSphere/IHS on various OS. Install/config of DB2 on various OS's. Troubleshoot OS and Middleware Steady State Support of OS/WAS/IHS/DB2/MQ/IIB environments.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Minimal knowledge about Cloud
Secondary Job Category
· Eligible to work in the country
· English: fluent
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion. Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration, and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you
never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy, and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason, and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.