We are looking for an analyst with experience in all facets of help desk support. The help desk team is integral to our daily operations. They ensure our employees have the tools they need to assist our customers.
If you are a help desk analyst who seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered and understands the importance of personal accountability. Then we would like to talk with you. As a member of the IBM team, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the continued success of the company. We strive to make IBM a place where you want to be. A place where you're proud to work and where you are motivated to produce the best results possible.
· 1-2 years Help Desk experience
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft OS (Win 7 & 10)
· Basic knowledge of Apple hardware (OSX10)
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Office 2010/2013)
· Understand project management principles
· Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
· Advanced written and oral communication skills
· Expert interpersonal/customer services skills
· Ability to present ideas in a business- and user-friendly language
· Expert analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
· Ability to work in a collaborative environment
Help Desk Analysts are responsible for daily desktop operations including, but not limited to:
· Computer delivery & setup.
· Evaluating, tracking, escalating, managing and then ensuring timely closure of all requests reported to Help Desk.
· Be able to take part of an on-call rotation.
Policy and Procedures
· Maintain confidentiality of workplace information accordingly.
· Operate within established guidelines.
· Requires general mobility and the ability to lift up to 50lbs as well as extended periods of standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, lifting and possibly crawling underneath or behind and above equipment.
· Travel is required between Data Centers on a regular basis.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
1-2 years Help Desk experience
Expert knowledge of Microsoft OS (Win 7 & 10)
Basic knowledge of Apple hardware (OSX10)
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Office 2010/2013)
Understand project management principles
Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
Advanced written and oral communication skills
Expert interpersonal/customer services skills
Ability to present ideas in a business- and user-friendly language
Expert analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
Ability to work in a collaborative environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Bachelor's Degree
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.