IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work.
IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM's business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
· The CIC NS is one of IBM's highest performing delivery centres worldwide – for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
· More than 100 of our employees received promotion in 2015 alone. Structured career development programs are helping us grow our future leaders from within.
· We are very focused on continuous skill development – staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
· Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia's ICT industry, especially in talent development. We are currently recruiting for top talent in SAP Practice - If you are on top of your profession and possess the following key skills, we invite you to apply to our openings.
Job Profile of a Senior HCM Payroll Consultant:
You have a solid business background in your field, hands-on experience in consulting, and SAP R/3 implementation experience in the area of HR (Payroll). Working in this core area of our business you will be instrumental in helping us to continue to be recognized as the premiere SAP implementer in Canada.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Conducting Fit/Gap analysis and business /process modeling
· Assessing the business and application requirements
· Designing robust business processes considering accepted industry practices
· Configuring and testing the software
· Driving the development of functional and systems specifications
· Writing and maintaining necessary documentation
· Actively performing knowledge transfer to client team members
· Communicate and work with people of all levels in a team environment
· Provide support to deployment as necessary Mandatory Qualification
· Have completed a minimum of 3 full life cycle implementation of SAP
· Strong ability to understand and analyze HR management process
· Customer service-oriented and excellent interpersonal skills
· Proven ability to adapt to changing environments and demonstrate sound judgment in the face of complex challenges
· Ability to work under pressure on simultaneous assignments
· Demonstrated project management experience is an asset
· Previous consulting experience is an asset
· Must be located on-site at IBM office in Bedford, NS.
Auto req ID
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
6+ years of SAP HCM experience (OM, PA, Payroll and Time management)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
8+ years of SAP HCM experience (OM, PA, Payroll and Time management)
Secondary Job Category
· Must be eligible to work in Canada
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
As an Application Package Specialist, you'll help clients in the selection, implementation, and production support of application packaged solutions. You'll gain in-depth consulting skills, business knowledge, and packaged solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the clients' business environment. Join us and start your path as a key player to achieve client expected business results and become the expert you want to be.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.