The Guardium Technical PSIRT Responder will be responsible for managing offering vulnerabilities through life cycle management. This position will work on the Build and Platform engineering team with the Guardium Littleton Massachusetts team and will report to the Build and Platform development manager. You will perform Common Vulnerability Enumeration (CVE) analysis. In this capacity, you will determine applicability of vulnerabilities through experience and correspondence with Development Managers, Developers and Q/A.
You will be responsible for the following:
· You will use the PSIRT tools to process and schedule fixes for upcoming remediation of applicable vulnerabilities.
· You will drive known vulnerabilities into development teams for resolve and track issues using Jira and PSIRT. In this capacity, you will work with development managers and developers to schedule changes for supported versions in compliance with PSIRT mitigation rules.
· You will learn Guardium patch management, and work with Release Management & Build Engineers to align fixes with PSIRT deadlines and ensure fixes are available in proper branches.
· You will be responsible for working with the PSIRT Pillar to maintain PSIRT IBM BISO compliance including monthly audits & report preparation, filing of deviation requests.
· You will also be familiar with Dynamic and Static code scanning, Nessus scanning and OWASP scanning.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
You will be required to have the following:
· Solid knowledge of Linux Red Hat components and Java Open Source components.
· Strong knowledge of Common Vulnerability Enumeration (CVE).
· Strong written & oral communication skills along with strong organization skills.
· Passionate on following up on open issues and drive engineering staff to closure.
· Familiarity with Vulnerability Management tools such as PSIRT
· Knowledge of scanning technologies Nessus & OWASP and familiarity with Dynamic & Static code scanning tools, especially Appscan.
· Expert in GIT based Source Control Systems such as GitLab and GitHub; Fluent in branching strategies. Knowledge with SVN based source control systems is desirable.
· Working knowledge in continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment/zero downtime deployments and associated tooling such as Travis or Jenkins.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience with Vulnerability Management and CVE analysis.
· Knowledge of IBM PSIRT process and BISO requirements.
· Sound knowledge of software engineering principles and Agile/Scrum process.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM's Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM's Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.