Client Technical Specialists are technical consultants to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. They understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. They provide technical sales support which may include: collaborate with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions; deliver Proof of Concept; develop and deliver technical education; support critical situations; design solutions; and answer technical questions.
In particular the positions will focus on developing System Groups cognitive & AI offerings. Once trained the candidate will be expected to:
· Understand and demonstrate our AI offerings (PowerAI, AI Vision, etc) to business partners, clients and other IBM business units
· Present at client & business partner workshops, conferences, meet ups and other events
· Occasionally be involved with hands-on activities such as demos etc
· Drive and lead new client opportunities
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
LONDON, CITY OF
Primary job category
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Degree must consist of either: Maths, IT, Science, Statistics at 2:1 or Higher
· Presentation Skills
· Be able to work independently and in a team
· Ability to clearly explain complicated concepts
We look for a relevant degree in cyber systems, software or information security, engineering, maths or computer science.
You’ll need to have or be expecting a minimum 2:1 or equivalent in any degree discipline.
You’ll be a ‘people person’, well-rounded and happy to take on new challenges.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Interest or background in AI
· Programming skills in Python or another AI language
· Understanding of neural networks
· Knowledge / interest in Open Frameworks for AI such as Tensor Flow
Secondary Job Category
Eligible to work in the UK
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
New Collar Role