Lead the Government and Regulatory Affairs Team in IBM Japan. The position will be responsible for public policy and regulatory issues that impact IBM in Japan.
The ideal candidate will also be/have: The ability to persuasively communicate complex concepts and programs at the highest levels of government and business.
• A demonstrated ability to “move the needle” with regard to political and policy matters.
• Effective lead a small team of GRA professionals.
• The ability to work across the full range of company's business operations that can be affected by government policies and regulations; a keen interest in learning the business and building effective internal networks to become effective.
• The ability to both develop and execute a strategic plan.
• A persuasive communicator, yet with the ability to understand and accommodate diverse viewpoints and to deal with ambiguity.
• An ability to anticipate changes in public policy and government regulation that could affect the company, and to develop proactive solutions to address those changes.
• Executive presence and the ability to inspire confidence in senior managers within the company, and confidence around the company with external constituencies.
• The ability to represent company with integrity and stature.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Maturity and sound business judgment.
• A commercial outlook.
• Flexibility, drive and an energetic and dynamic approach to problem solving.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Government & Regulatory Affairs Professional
State / Province
Primary job category
(7600) IBM Japan, Ltd.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Business English
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required, and an advanced degree in public policy will be considered favorably.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Have relevant experience in a leadership role that involves government or government affairs. Experience working for a large global corporation is preferred, and senior level experience within government is a plus. Global acumen and experience is a must.
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.