The Multi-Vendor Services Storage Team in Sofia is expanding, and we are looking to hire Storage Technical Engineers tasked with sharing technical expertise and resolving technical issues for IBM clients worldwide.
What we offer:
· Access to specialized vendor education – virtual and instructor led.
· Access to fully functional lab facility for education purposes and problem recreation.
· Opportunity for achieving formal certification.
· Diverse job role structure giving opportunities for growth within the team.
· Flexible shift pattern.
As part of the job, the Storage Technical Engineer would have the following responsibilities:
· Perform problem determination/fault isolation by analyzing support logs and diagnostic data.
· Use specialized diagnostic tools to isolate client problems.
· Keep customers regularly informed of problem investigation and resolution status throughout the support service request life cycle.
· Follow established processes for effective management of support incidents.
· Demonstrating soft and technical skills that contributes to client satisfaction.
· Adhere to the set working schedule, supporting 24x7 shift operations and on-call coverage. ( This position will require working in European and US prime time, plus occasional weekend & night shifts ).
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Remote Technical Support
State / Province
Primary job category
(0023) IBM Bulgaria Ltd.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Education & Professional experience:
· Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Computer science or similar technical field.
· At least 1 year of experience in a Customer support role.
Skills and competencies:
· Excellent command of spoken and written English (B2-C1 level).
· Excellent command of spoken and written second foreign language – any of the following French/Spanish/Italian
· Excellent communication & soft skills.
· Troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
· Customer-first mindset with high sense of ownership.
· Ability to quickly learn and absorb new concepts, terms, and vocabulary.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· At least 1 year of experience in a Technical support role – Remote support or Administration
Secondary Job Category
Other Product Services
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you, this might
mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern,
please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.