Application Developers are required to involve with the process, life cycle and creation of the software solution to our clients in their businesses. You will work closely with critical stakeholders in using languages such as Java to develop the necessary specifications for software. You may also test, debug and improve generally faulty applications for clients.
Specifically, you will
· Define, detail and scope the technical requirements into solution architecture and drive an independent project from an architectural stand point
· Design, develop and/or re-engineer application components, and integrate software packages, programs, and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms.
· Support Technical Consultants and lead in building solutions and providing technical mentoring and guidance
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0134) IBM Taiwan Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Bachelor degree or above in Engineering, Information Technology, Business or related fields
· Familiar with java application framework: Spring Boot.
· Fluent in Chinese reading, listening, writing, and speaking/fluent in English reading and writing
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience in creating highly available, large-scale enterprise applications.
· Experience with all aspects of development life cycle and developing applications using the agile methodology
· Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions strongly desired
· Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology based consulting environment, using agile development techniques strongly desired
· Experience in developing mobile applications (native or hybrid), iOS/Android using Swift, Objective C or Android Studio is preferred
· Ability to develop cloud-native applications and deploy to a cloud environment(ex. OpenShift/Docker/Kubernetes) is preferred
· Working level in English speaking
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.