• Design, develop and/or re-engineer complex application components, and integrate software packages, programs and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms
• Full-stack software developer who has also contributed to DevOps tooling pipeline.- Deep expertise in setting up CI-CD pipeline, application monitoring, code quality analysis, Cloud environment set-up, Kubernetes.
• Build applications for IBMers around the world, demonstrating agile and dynamic software support capabilities
• Be responsible for maintenance and improvement of critical IBM internal applications
• Perform application development based on Agile methodologies & participate in requirements / user story analysis, design and execution
• Conduct appropriate unit and module testing; detect, report, investigate and fix defects in the application (production support)
• Continually focus on improving the application
• Work effectively in collaboration with other team members, partners and other support functions when required
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0178) IBM Servicios Profesionales, S. de R. L. de C.V.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Relevant 2+ years of experience in developing JAVA/J2EE applications
• 1+ years of expertise in developing models and scalable Microservices components (SpringBoot, microprofile)
• Experience in container orchestration tool experience (Docker Compose, Kubernetes, OpenShift,CI/CD (Jenkins), Bitbucket/Git ) experience.
• Working knowledge in web development tools such as HTML 5, CSS 3, J2EE features (Servlets, EJBs, etc.) and JQuery
• Proven ability in Web Service implementation (RESTful and SOAP)
• Working knowledge with Oracle, DB2 or Mongo DB databases.
• Hands on experience in OOAD and Design Patterns, knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms, and SQL, XML and JSON
• Ability to independently analyze requirements based on a given specification and come up with a sound and balanced algorithmic design
• Strong background working with Linux/UNIX environments.
• Strong Agile/Scrum development experience
• Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
• Working experience in Industry Standard protocols related API Security including OAuth is an added advantage.
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.