Who You Are:
Full Stack Developers will design, develop and support application solutions with focus on building and testing Java application. This role may design, develop and/or re-engineer highly complex application components, and integrate software packages, programs and reusable objects. The development team will both do new development activities but also support production break/fix as well as dev/ops activities.
What You'll Do:
You will use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
· Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
· Ability to independently analyses requirements based on a given specification and come up with a sound and balanced algorithmic design
· Perform application development based on Agile methodologies & participate in requirements / user story analysis, design and execution
· Conduct appropriate unit and module testing; detect, report, investigate and fix defects in the application (production support)
· Continually focus on improving the application
· Work effectively in collaboration with other team members, partners and other support functions when required
· Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
· Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
· Write effective APIs
· Comply with IT Security Standards, including but not limited to security and data protection settings
· Write technical documentation
· Demonstrate understanding of requirements definition and validation, as well as transformation to test cases, steps, User Stories, for a deep knowledge in Predictive, Hybrid and Agile development cycles and agile transformation tools ie. Github, Zenhub, RTC, Murally, Trello, slack, webex, etc.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Working knowledge in web development tools such as Reactjs, HTML 5, CSS 3, J2EE features (Servlets, EJBs, etc.) and JQuery
· Proven ability in Web Service implementation (RESTful and SOAP)
· Hands on experience in OOAD and Design Patterns, knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms, and SQL, XML and JSON
· Knowledge of OOP languages and MVC framework along with the Component Development in Action Script
· Ability to independently analyze requirements based on a given specification and come up with a sound and balanced algorithmic design.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Exposure to Cloud technologies, Python, GO Lang, Migration to Cloud/SaaS environments desirable
· Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and ability to display analytical thinking for problem solving
· Ability to perform data discovery/quality analysis and architect a solution
· Experience in performing or guide team to perform key architectural and development task
· Expertise in developing a value proposition and working with Offering/Product Managers
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Security Systems in IBM focuses on product development and support for information security products. IBM's security portfolio provides solutions to organizations which holistically protect their people, data, applications and infrastructure.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.