Your day in the role will include...
IBM CIO, the Chief Information Office of IBM, taking care of all the applications IBMers around the world use is now looking for Java developers to join our agile and dynamic software support and development team responsible for maintenance and enhancement of very critical IBM internal applications. Full Stack Java Developers will design, develop and support application solutions with focus on building and testing Java application. This role may design, develop and/or re-engineer highly complex application components, and integrate software packages, programs and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms. The development team will both do new development activities but also support production break/fix as well as dev/ops activities. As part of a dedicated, Agile team, the developers will be responsible for: Perform application development based on Agile methodologies Participate in requirements / user story analysis and design Complete activities related to the assigned user stories based on priority Conduct appropriate unit and module testing Detect, report, investigate and fix defects in the application (production support)Have a proactive attitude for problem solving, creating solutions thinking out of the box Work effectively in collaboration with other team members – as well as stakeholders and other support functions when required Continued focus on improving the applications. You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Expert in Backend and Front end technologies
· Proficient in stitching together end to end application starting from front end web development, back end development, middleware integration and persisting data in no SQL or DBMS database
· Experience with HTML, CSS, and AJAX, Programming Languages like programming in Node JS or other language.
· MySQL, MongoDB, AWS
· Hands on experience - Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks Front end(AngularJS, React.js) and backend (Node js and other's)
· Should be experienced in OOP concepts well.
· Should be experienced in TDD(Test Driven Development)
· Experience with GIT/CVS/ SVN source control system
· You will also be responsible for building and integrating the front-end elements into the application. Therefore, a practical experience of front-end technologies(React/ Angular) is necessary.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Should be able to independently analyze requirements based on a given specification and come up with a sound and sustainable algorithmic design
· Experience with the Agile development methodology
· Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills and interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to work well within a team environment as well as independently
· Must be a self-starter, resourceful and skilled at getting results
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The Chief Information Office (CIO) is a cross-functional organization that provides IT applications and infrastructure services to IBM Business Units and to IBMers worldwide. Our mission is to provide a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that own the business, and Innovating to transform the business. We continually Deepen our Agile practices while ensuring we Secure the Enterprise.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.