IBM is leading the way to a whole new generation of intelligent systems and technologies, more powerful and agile than ever before. Be a part of our progress as a developer who can work on both the front end and back end of the applications we build.
As an IBM full stack Web & DevOps Engineer, you'll use the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software. You will have an opportunity to influence the choice of technologies used, as we transform our applications. You'll be responsible for ensuring that components are expertly designed, tested, debugged, verified, and ready for integration into various contexts across the IBM Enterprise, creating a productive environment for IBMers and our Business Partners.
This role would suit someone who enjoys technical challenges and meeting business requirements with creative solutions, with a focus on user centred outcomes. Specifically, we are looking for:
• Good working experience with Node.js and Express
• HTML5, ES8, Promises, and CSS3
• Familiar with Jenkins
• Experience with Linux Shell Scripting
• Experience with Kibana for monitoring logs and querying results, with a deep understanding of the ELK stack
• Experience with Docker or a similar container-based solution, and building and deploying to containers
• Skilled in managing DevOps infrastructure for the team
• Architecting and developing APIs
• Proficient understanding of Git, or other source code management systems
• Deep understanding of continuous integration & continuous delivery
• Deep understanding of Agile development principles and practices
• Experience working in close collaboration with designers, and building according to specifications
Essential interpersonal skills
You will be working in an end to end, cross functional scrum team as part of our wider mission, where you will undertake a variety of roles in the team as per requirements.
• Great planning and organisational skills, good time management, with the ability to manage and prioritise own workload and to deal with urgent deadlines and changes to requirements
• Close teamworking and collaboration across both global and local team environments
• An ability to manage your own time and work independently
• The ability to communicate across organisational boundaries and manage stakeholders
• A passion for creative solutions to real user needs and business problems
• Driven to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction, addressing the underlying problem and questioning any assumptions
• Logical approach to problem solving
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Highly motivated and productive, an entrepreneurial self-starter
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
LONDON, CITY OF
Primary job category
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As listed on Job description
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
Here are some other vacancies your might like
IBM est leader mondial au service de la technologie de l'information. Ses activités, toujours au service de l'innovation, gravitent autour du matériel informatique, des logiciels et des services informatiques. Fondé en 1911, cette multinationale américaine a son siège social général à New York, aux États-Unis. En France, c'est à Bois-Colombes que se situe le siège depuis 1914. IBM France est aussi présent dans toutes les plus grandes villes françaises (Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Montpellier...) et compte plus de 11000 collaborateurs.
L'entreprise très dynamique et en constante recherche d'innovation recrute régulièrement de jeunes diplômés en stages, alternances, VIE, CDD ou CDI pour être acteur de ce mouvement. La société offre des postes de consultants, de chefs de projet, architectes d'application, ingénieurs systèmes, mais prend également en charge des métiers tels que les ingénieurs marketing ou responsables ressources humaines. Peu importe la carrière que vous souhaitez bâtir, IBM peut vous permettre de vous épanouir grâce à ses nombreuses opportunités à travers le monde.