Do you have a passion for learning and applying modern software engineering practices? Are you excited to use these practices to deliver and manage mission critical services at scale? Are you a quick thinker? If so, please read on.
A full stack engineer is familiar with all aspects of the development cycle, including design, front-end and back-end development, web development, and system administration. While they aren't expected to be an expert in all of these areas, full stack engineers are expected to be able to communicate and understand each of the functional parts.
The full stack engineer in Global Infrastructure works with a team that's fully responsible for every aspect of the software development cycle, including software architectural design, data integration from various internal systems, building back-end services for data recommendations, development of highly interactive web applications, software deployment using continuous integration tools, and monitoring to ensure high availability. The full stack engineer participates in all major software/architectural design decisions, helps to define and optimize the team's development workflow, ensures high-quality code, and ensures the team is adhering to software development best practices.
· As a senior full-stack engineer working on a greenfield project, you will have the freedom to innovate and choose implementation technologies, but also the responsibility to lead the team in best-practices and techniques.
· You will have the opportunity to lead the development of a new service, including both a frontend site and backend services
· As an experienced professional, you will be expected to document your work with Swagger APIs or equivalent
· As a forward-thinking developer, you will follow test-driven development practices to define the code you need before you write it
· As a member of a fast-paced, high-performing team, you will participate in Agile ceremonies to keep the team coordinated and deliver
Visa non-sponsorship statement:
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
You will be working with both new and experienced developers and engineers on a diverse, multi-talented team to develop a system intended for use by thousands of IBM employees. We will help you achieve your goals and stretch your boundaries with a wide array of technologies and learning opportunities while working on a high-visibility initiative.
A day in the life at IBM (Optional Section)
· Throughout the day, you will collaborate with your teammates and interact with our product owners – all from the comfort of home.
· Work in an open environment where creativity is welcome and encouraged
· Staying relevant to emerging trends in areas related to web development, AI, and automation
· Responsive leadership invested in your success
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· A minimum of 5 plus years of professional programming experience
· Demonstrated experience in React and/or Vue frontend technologies
· Demonstrated experience using containerized deployment platforms like Red Hat Openshift or IBM Cloud
· Demonstrated experience with test-driven development practices
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Demonstrated familiarity with enterprise security integration (SSO, code-scanning, etc)
· Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining a CI/CD automated testing pipeline
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM's IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.