You and IBM India:
IBM is global technology and innovation company present in India since 1992. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with approximately 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we build. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How We engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation. Distinguishes us from other companies in the industry.
IBM is recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award Best Employer of People with Disabilities and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive work environment — We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
Business Unit Introduction:
The Chief Information Office (CIO) is a cross-functional organization that provides IT applications and infrastructure services to IBM Business Units and to IBMers worldwide. Our mission is to provide a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that own the business, and Innovating to transform the business. We continually Deepen our Agile practices while ensuring we Secure the Enterprise.
Your day in the role will include...
As a Java Web Application Developer, you will design, develop and support application solutions with focus on building and testing Java application.
You will come with...
· As an application developer your role will be design, develop and/or re-engineer highly complex application components, and integrate software packages, programs and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms.
· As developer you will be dealing with all the applications IBMers around the world use is now looking for Java developers to join our agile and dynamic software support and development team.
· Responsible for maintenance and improvement of very critical IBM internal applications with focus on building and testing Java application.
· As part of a dedicated, Agile team, the developers will be responsible for: Perform application development based on Agile methodologies & participate in requirements / user story analysis and design.
· Complete activities related to the assigned user stories based on priority.
· Conduct appropriate unit and module testing. Detect, report, investigate and fix defects in the application (production support).
· Have a can-do attitude for problem solving, creating solutions thinking out of the box.
· Work effectively in collaboration with other team members – as well as partners and other support functions when required.
· Continued focus on improving the applications. How we'll help you grow:
· You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be.
· You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
· You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Minimum 4+ years of experience in IT Industry.
· Must have knowledge in working with web development tools such as HTML 5, CSS 3, J2EE features (Servlets, EJBs, etc.) and JQuery
· Knowledge of Web Service implementation (RESTful and SOAP)
· Hands on experience in OOAD and Design Patterns
· Knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms
· Worked on SQL, XML and JSON
· Knowledge of high-level OOP languages and MVC framework
· Component Development in Action Script
· Should be able to independently analyze requirements based on a given specification and come up with a sound and sustainable algorithmic design.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Certified Java Developer (Preferred)
· Experience with CVS/ SVN source control system.
· Experience with the Agile development methodology.
· Willingness to learn new technologies for driving the project.
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.