The role and your responsibilities
· Position requires analytical ability, creativity and judgment in analysing, developing and implementing software solutions to complex requirements.
· Defines, recommends, and implements strategy and solutions which deliver customer value and satisfaction through software and Cloud.
· Leads professional teams to produce quality-centric outcomes and contributes to Product Management and planning activities, ensuring that development practices align with the business and end customer need.
· Thoroughly understands and effectively executes existing software development practices, processes and procedures and develops/introduces new approaches as appropriate.
· Ensures accurate and thorough documentation is maintained for the project.
· Provide thought leadership to the team in the Technology and Engineering domain - leveraging a broad knowledge of the technology industry to continually uplift the standard of engineering and the end product.
· 5 years of experience as a software engineer with a track record of delivering positive business impact and high quality code.
· At least 3 years of experience in at least one of the following:
· Developing Cloud Native Applications, Mobile & Web Apps, and/or Integration Solutions
· Architecting IT system with applications, infrastructure, data
· Experience in working with CI/CD Pipelines in Public Cloud including DevSecOps functions.
· Experience in Responsive Web Technologies (HTML5, SASS, LESS, CSS3)
· Experience with test automation frameworks - Karma, Jasmine, Cucumber, Selenium
· Experience in any of the following languages: Python, Ruby, .NET, Java, C#
· Experience with various database types: Relational, No-SQL, Key Value, In-Memory, etc.
· Experience in architecting, designing, developing on, and managing Development Platforms hosted on Public Cloud although not mandatory
· Experience working in Agile & Scrum environments
· Strong understanding of software engineering concepts, DevSecOps, Site Reliability Engineering, Microservices, IoT Platforms & Paradigms, etc.
· Strong proficiency in Agile Collaboration Tools, e.g. Confluence, JIRA, Trello..
· Experience with API Frameworks, e.g. Kong, Mulesoft, API Connect etc.
· At least 1 years of experience in a minimum of 2 Industry Segments
· Experience building relationships with senior leaders (CxO) and stakeholders is a bonus
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(8004) IBM Global Services Pte Ltd. - LC03
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.