As a Full Stack Application Developer , you will:
· Design, develop and/or re-engineer complex application components, and integrate software packages, programs and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms
· Build applications for IBMers around the world, demonstrating agile and dynamic software support capabilities
· Be responsible for maintenance and improvement of critical IBM internal applications
· Perform application development based on Agile methodologies & participate in requirements / user story analysis, design and execution
· Conduct appropriate unit and module testing; detect, report, investigate and fix defects in the application (production support)
· Continually focus on improving the application As a Full stack developer, you will have to
· Demonstrated ability to become an expert in our products and services, the market and the competition
· Help transform network services to a fully automated dev-ops approach
· Evaluate research and external technologies through rapid Proof of Concepts with partners and customers
· Ability to generate ideas for new features through innovation and market / industry expertise
· Engage in cross-company solution development task forces
· Help on-board customers onto Enterprise network services, providing white glove service as needed
· Generate reusable assets, whitepapers, articles around standard methodologies of the use of network services
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Analyzing requirements and designing new functionality
· 5 to 7 years of experience in Front End Development Using Big Data.
· 3+ years of relevant experience in Frontend UI Development
· Good knowledge and understanding of modern web platforms (web component standards using Angular 2 or above)
· 2+ years working on Carbon testing framework
· Supporting and fixing existing functionality
· Designing and building application layers
· Experience with RESTful API
· Experience with CSS pre-processing frameworks (Sass, Less, Stylus)
· Experience with DevOps tooling and Software Engineering process/models
· Deep understanding of responsibilities of platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Certification as a Java Developer
· Expertise in developing models and scalable Microservices components
· Worked on building integration flows on various Application Programming Interface (API) development platforms
· An authority on Cloud Native Application architecture, Docker's and Microservices
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
We, at the IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) are a dynamic group of business, strategy and technology professionals, who provide top-of-the-line industry consulting, application and business process delivery, and follow agile values and principles. CIO is at the forefront of the digital reinvention of key applications used across IBM globally, providing value-led and asset-powered end-to-end solutions.
We are a cross-functional organization that provides IT applications and infrastructure services to IBM Business Units and to IBMers worldwide. Our mission is to provide a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that own the business, and Innovating to transform the business. We continually Deepen our Agile practices while ensuring we Secure the Enterprise.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.