As a Full Stack Application Developer , you will Design, develop and/or re-engineer complex application components, and integrate software packages, programs and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms
· Tooling in support of Identity Provisioning.
· A web-based portal that has API backend to our provisioning tool, thus the need for API/microservices development, full stack development skills, etc
· Provide technical feedback and support to Iteration Manager
· Help Architects and Product Owner to achieve iteration objectives
· Develop functions that help improve user experience.
· Address end user concerns/issues with initial Identity provisioning as well as lifecycle management support for existing IBMers
· Work within IBM's ServiceNow tooling to effectively manage tickets in your queue
· Design, develop and/or re-engineer complex application components, and integrate software packages, programs and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms
· Build applications for IBMers around the world, demonstrating agile and dynamic software support capabilities
· Be responsible for maintenance and improvement of critical IBM internal applications
· Perform application development based on Agile methodologies & participate in requirements / user story analysis, design and execution
· Conduct appropriate unit and module testing; detect, report, investigate and fix defects in the application (production support)
· Continually focus on improving the application
· Work effectively in collaboration with other team members, partners and other support functions when required
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 12+ yrs Full stack development skills in a web-based/cloud environment.
· Experience with HTML and CSS required
· Solid experience with container-based development platforms, such as Kubernetes/OpenShift required
· Basic understanding of Agile practices and Use of Slack and other team tools
· Effective Problem-solving &e Communication
· Working knowledge in web development tools such as HTML 5, CSS 3, J2EE features (Servlets, EJBs, etc.) and JQuery
· Hands on experience in OOAD and Design Patterns, knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms, and SQL, XML and JSON
· Knowledge of OOP languages and MVC framework along with the Component Development in Action Script
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Certification as a Java Developer
· Expertise in developing models and scalable Microservices components
· Worked on building integration flows on various Application Programming Interface (API) development platforms
· An authority on Cloud Native Application architecture, Docker's and Microservices
· Proven experience with JAVAEE and Spring frameworks preferred
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant field
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
We, at the IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) are a dynamic group of business, strategy and technology professionals, who provide top-of-the-line industry consulting, application and business process delivery, and follow agile values and principles. CIO is at the forefront of the digital reinvention of key applications used across IBM globally, providing value-led and asset-powered end-to-end solutions.
We are a cross-functional organization that provides IT applications and infrastructure services to IBM Business Units and to IBMers worldwide. Our mission is to provide a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that own the business, and Innovating to transform the business. We continually Deepen our Agile practices while ensuring we Secure the Enterprise.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.