A distinguished technical leader who influences clients' technology strategies, leveraging the IBM Hybrid Cloud platform to solve business challenges
· Deeply understands client and industry roadmaps, business architecture and initiatives and their linkage to the Industry Strategy
· Educates and advises clients, influencing client strategy at the highest levels by applying proven expertise
· Paints a vision through industry lens of how the application of IBM technologies, architectures, and offerings will solve clients' business challenges, accelerate success.
· Supports the achievement of business objectives through creation and progression of opportunity pipeline
· Drives the industry's innovation agenda, bringing an outside-in perspective and recommending disruptive technologies and approaches to scale new value and market share
· Is a recognized advocate and practitioner for leading edge technologies and digital transformation, with emphasis on Cloud, AI and Open Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Platform technologies
· Linkage to IBM Research
· Co-creates with clients, applying broad technical skills, deep industry knowledge and “out of the box” thinking
· Orchestrates and leads the IBM Garage team to deliver compelling prototypes that lead to transformative change for the client; leads solution design, collaborating with IBM Garage team to influence the client's technical strategy
· Drives adoption and penetration of IBM's strategic platforms through innovative solution recommendations that leverage IBM technologies, architectures, industry content and offerings to solve the client's business challenges
· Creates and maintains enduring, trusted relationships with key industry clients and network of architects within the client's business (including CXOs, Developers, Data Scientists, Architects), establishing IBM as an essential partner
· Brings the power of IBM to the client, connecting the client with network of technical experts, serving as the single point of accountability for IBM product and service quality and playing a central role in resolving client critical situations
· Embodies the entrepreneurial mindset in identifying novel yet proven innovations.
· Acts as mentor to both IBM and client's technical team
· Demonstrates growth mindset and continuous learning, stays current on Industry trends, IBM technology, strategy and offerings
· Continuously expands essential technology knowledge
· Demonstrates the value IBM's technology can bring in the context of the client's industry/business
· Positions the value and advantages of IBM's technology versus the competition
Strong Foundation of Technology Expertise
Leverages broad and deep technology expertise and personal network to provide highly contextual insights into the benefits of emerging technology adoption. Applies systems and architectural thinking to co-create and innovate to meet the business intent. Uses appropriate architectural methods, thinking, processes, models and assets to guide all solution design decisions. Global and Market based assignments. Closely aligned with CTO/CTLs
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0088) IBM Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As Shared Above
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
As Shared Above
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.