The Firewall Administrator will be responsible to
· Work with a squad of security professionals in a 24x7x365 shift rotation, which may include shift rotation with day or night periods, weekdays, weekends and holidays and some on-call availability.
· Day to day operation of firewalls, both traditional and next generation, including firewall device health and availability management, and service-level reporting,
· Responding to security events and event mitigations
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Security Delivery Specialist
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Experience in steady state management of Firewalls, and optionally IDS/IPS , DLP & SIEM Solutions
· Experience with various firewall technologies including Checkpoint, Cisco, Fortinet, Juniper, PaloAlto
· Experience with administration, configuration and troubleshooting of Security Appliances
· Experience with monitoring security events and conducting incident response operations per documented procedures and industry best practices.
· Experience with analyzing log files with the ability to identify false positive and true positive events.
· At least 3 years experience in a Security Operations Role in a 24x7 SOC environment.
· At lease 2 years experience in operating firewall or equivalent security technologies
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Computer Science / Information Technology
· Industry recognized security certifications This can include security methodology (Eg.CISSP, CISA, ITIL, etc.) or vendor specific (product) certifications (Eg. CCSP, JNCIS-FWV, etc.).
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Security technologies (e. g. Firewalls, SIEM, DLP, WCF, IPS,)
· Network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls and the associated networking concepts
· Knowledge of Security concepts and ability to apply them to business processes
· Automation skills, specifically include the application of automation to firewall operations
· Programming / scripting, including for automaton and knowledge of database technology and its use.
· Strong team oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively interface with a broad range of internal/external contacts and roles, including vendors and IT-business personnel.
· Strong analytical skills
· Oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work proactively and independently managing multiple work streams with shifting priorities.
· Ability to work under stress in emergencies, with the flexibility to handle multiple high-pressure situations simultaneously.
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
About IBM :
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.