Description de l'offre
The Extreme Blue internship program is IBM's World Wide incubator for talent, technology and business innovation, and is a way to discover new innovative solutions to business challenges. As a technical student, Extreme Blue will give you the opportunity to work on an innovative technology project. You'll build on your existing IT skills and learn new ones. Your role as one of the technical students in the project will be to develop a IT-based solution that meets the customers' needs. You'll have the chance to work with leading edge technologies and be mentored by leading IT professionals. You'll find out more about how IBM and the IT industry work, and how IT can contribute to competitive advantage or be used for the good of the community, perhaps by contributing to the open source community. You'll need to apply your technical aptitude to design, architect, develop and test your product among your technical peers, while never losing sight of your customers and the end goal. The Extreme Blue team culture is all about: intensity, passion, challenge, innovation, and no boundaries.
What we look for:
· You'll need to be at a UK University and on target for at least a 2:1 honours degree.
· You must also be in your penultimate year of an undergraduate degree course and be authorised to work in the UK for the whole placement.
· You need to be studying for a technology related degree and to have excellent communication and teamwork skills. The Extreme Blue Summer Internship will run from 17 th June 2019 to September 6 th 2019.
It is very important you are available for the first two weeks and the final week of the internship.
The dates for the Assessments centres date are 23 rd and 25 th October 2018 and will be held at IBM Hursley
Please note the 12 week internship will be located at IBM Hursley Hampshire.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· You'll need to be at University and on target for at least a 2:1 honours degree.
· You must also be in your penultimate year of study.
· You must be looking for an internship in Summer 2018.
· You need to be studying for a technology related degree and to have excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· None, please select 'No' from below.
Secondary Job Category
Authorisation to work in the UK for the duration of the placement (without sponsorship).
Early Professional Track
New Collar Role