Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
START DATES FOR THIS POSITION ARE IN 2022
We are looking for a talented designer to help our creative design team deliver great end-to-end customer experiences. The team you’ll be joining is part of the worldwide design organization for AI Applications – a part of IBM that is collectively responsible for software products focused on AI-enabled solutions that assist our customers in making more informed and data-driven decisions about how to manage their business and services.
· Translate actionable insights from the design research team into low and high fidelity mockups, patterns, prototypes and development-ready specifications.
· Participate in conversations around common patterns, assets and efficiencies within the product space.
· Collaborate directly with your design team and developers to build out, update and modernize software product user interfaces (while using agile methodologies).
· Design business process scenarios and flows for user interfaces and demos.
· Collaborate in team stand-ups & playbacks and present design work as part of a compelling narrative to elicit buy-in from cross-disciplinary stakeholders.
· Understand business problems across our customer set in order to have context for deliverables.
· Share work in progress, along with giving and receiving critique.
· Collaborate with a wide variety of people (design researchers, content designers, developers, product owners, etc.) across our worldwide teams. Positions are based in one of the following IBM offices:
Opportunities in all locations will vary based on business demand
Must be eligible/legally entitled to work in Canada
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Experience in solving complex user problems through user interface design, creating mockups and prototypes (low- and high- fidelity), as well as documenting interaction patterns for product UI.
· Experience with creating user scenarios for usability testing, analysis of industry trends, task analysis, workflow design, layout & composition and reporting conclusions in well-developed documents.
· Experience with design tools (Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.).
· Strong communication, storytelling and documentation skills.
· Comfortable working in a dynamic, team based environment.
· An awesome and positive attitude.
· Portfolio of previous work must be presented incorporating UI designs and/or sketches that demonstrate an understanding of wireframing, interaction design and design best practices.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
· Understand modern design thinking and design trends (including responsiveness and accessibility).
· Understand different industries to better gauge how design issues and users can differ across them.
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.