As a DevOps Engineer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will work with various projects and clients, working towards client specifications. You will have a real passion for the philosophy of DevOps which they'll be able to use to their advantage and deliver value for our clients. Your role will involve designing and deploying solutions to the cloud which will allow: automatic provisioning and management of environments; the capability to continuously integrate; containerisation functionality and the automation of testing.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Continuous Integration e.g. Jenkins, GitOps
· Containerisation e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
· Source code management tools such as Git
· Cloud platforms e.g. AWS, Azure
· "Infrastructure as Code" concept using tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef
· System administration of Linux & Windows
· Understanding of the Software Development Life cycle (preferably Agile)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
· Skills working in a secure environment and ability to adhere to security principles
· Experience in support organisation