Who We Are
IBM Z is the World's most powerful business platform. 68% of enterprise production workloads, 80% of structured enterprise data, and 55% of all enterprise transactions, including more than 50% of the back-end transactions generated from mobile enterprise applications run on IBM Z. We are embarking on an exciting journey to transform the developer experience on IBM Z by embracing disruptive technologies spanning all aspects of development, test, deployment, and monitoring. To accomplish this transformation, we are aggressively hiring top talent for a variety of positions, including offering management, design, and development. Join us on this exciting journey, leverage cutting edge technologies at work, and deliver meaningful innovation for the platform that runs business.
The Mainframe DevOps Engineer will work directly with clients and business partners to support them on proof of concept and migration primarily on testing tools. You will play a key advisory role in Source Code Management (SCM) migration projects from library managers traditionally used in mainframe development shops, to modern SCM such as git
As a member of DevOps Tooling Team, you will need to:
· Interface to the transformation project teams to handle product and tooling enhancements requests
· Contribute to the development of assets and collateral's that will contribute to make the migration services offering repeatable at a large scale.
· Provide technical enablement to clients, sellers and business partners and develop long-term relationships through managing and interpreting their requirements
· Provide technical assistance and product education
· Have a deep understanding of the IBM Z DevOps portfolio
· Play an advisory role or directly lead transformation projects and leverage business partners as needed for execution
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0386) IBM Data Storage Systems Information Technology LLC
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· z/OS knowledge – Familiarity with USS will be an added advantage
· z/OS scripting knowledge (eg REXX, JCL)
· Basic scripting knowledge (eg Groovy, Python)
· Knowledge of modern SCMs and pipeline coordinators such as Git and Jenkins.
· Understanding of DevOps principles, including modern Agile/Lean development processes
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience as a JAVA developer
· Operations / System Programmer background
· Skills on application mapping tooling
· A first experience in migration projects with support for changing the habits of the end users, and also having a good understanding of the difficulties of integrating tools in complex ecosystems should be a plus.
· Knowledge of legacy SCMs like Endevor, Changeman, Panvalet, SCLM, etc...
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.